• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brentford 1 - 2 Wolves: Three Minutes to Resurrect a Season

Alan

…unlucky Del - No chance 😉
Reaction score
Haven't been so thrilled with a result in a long, long while. Let's enjoy it for a bit before we talk about the first half, yeah?

Sounds like a thoroughly deserved win and a huge 3 points. Delighted.

My word did we need that. Sounds very much like we deserved it and it's nice to see us fighting back for once, we haven't done it anything like enough over the last 18 months.

That table looks much healthier now than it did 15 minutes ago. We've gone out to attack a team tonight (even allowing for questionable selections) and that is what we have to do from now to the end of the season.

Let's never see Dave Edwards at no 10 ever ever again.

Marshall, Cav & Costa behind Weiman or Dicko for the rest of the season.

Agreed, 7 points in 7 days has certainly perked things up a bit down below...

I really thought that it was one of those huff and puff games where we finally create a shed load and lose to the sucker punch. TFFT we deserved to get the points. 7 points in a week. There are still plenty of cracks but we have a 4 point gap now with a game in hand. Still two cup finals against Blackburn and Bristol to come

I assume Weimann played up top when Marshall came on for Dicko?

Agreed. I've been crying out for Cav at No. 10 for ages now.

Dave will be back in there on Sat.

Im so pleased right now. Seems the fucktard finally got it right tonight..

Cav must start. Look how Costa improved once he came on.
Look how we played better when Marshall came on.
Apart from Edwards winning the ball back when we gave it away because we can't take a throw in, he was ghosting through that game until he got pushed deeper.
Lets not start him at #10 again. in fact lets not start him or Danny BAtth. Both well outside their long past purple performances, Saville can fuck off too.
Lets have a good runn with a couple of Bright young kids instead.

What a fantastic result.

Oh yee of little faith ;)

Agreed, 7 points in 7 days has certainly perked things up a bit down below...

Did you get your steak too?

Delighted and feels great, 7 points from 9, huge 3 points away. And a Tuesday night too. And winning a game in hand, we normally balls them up. Lets leapfrog those Bluenose twats next

Great result, I just hope that lambert has finally learned Edwards is not a 10 and is much better as a white kante

Edwards has had his purple patch of scoring goals - if he plays again from here on in (which he will) then he goes into the defensive 2 & anyone else takes the 10 role

Reading comments/twitter then Costa sounded disinterested until Cavaleiro came on - is this accurate?

Whatever - 3 points that are so important that it doesn't really matter that much how we got them

Cav must start. Look how Costa improved once he came on.
Look how we played better when Marshall came on.
Apart from Edwards winning the ball back when we gave it away because we can't take a throw in, he was ghosting through that game until he got pushed deeper.
Lets not start him at #10 again. in fact lets not start him or Danny BAtth. Both well outside their long past purple performances, Saville can $#@! off too.
Lets have a good runn with a couple of Bright young kids instead.

I know Saville apparently lost his mark on their goal but didn't he have a decent game otherwise?

It can't be a coincidence that some of our best performances under Lambert have been with Saville playing a deep midfield role.

I'll also not be surprised if this win sans-Saiss spells the end for his time here.

4 places and 4 points above the drop zone. And still one game in hand...

Batth yellow tonight - indications from some points that this was his 10th & therefore a ban - as long as Williamson is OK to play on Saturday then not an issue

Batth yellow tonight - indications from some points that this was his 10th & therefore a ban - as long as Williamson is OK to play on Saturday then not an issue

We need him to be available for a multitude of reasons, not least because Stearman can't play on Saturday (not really a huge loss, but we'd be back to chucking Iorfa back in at CH if Batth is banned and Willo is injured, and he has not played there for months nor have he and Hause ever looked anything other than a calamitous pairing)

Back