• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brighton 3-3 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Absolutely, Coady in the middle though. And with anyone other than a midfield pair of Neves and Moutinho.

I can only assume we've changed it to carry Silva with three behind him to bolster our attacking threat. But it needs to go back in the bin - it isn't broke, don't fix it.

Very disappointing, as we could really do with getting another win under our belt. Feels like a step back after the last couple of games.

Probably slightly flattered by the score at HT but we managed that second half very badly. Had enough experienced players to make a better fist of it.

I'm not digging out Fabio or saying he shouldn't play but he looks massively out of his depth right now.

Adama player pretty well, Neto just played like an individual all game. Needs to get his head up and link up with the rest of his team. And I don't just mean passing backwards when we have the opposition on the ropes.

Another game without a win for Neves and Moutinho in midfield. Neves good first half but lots of stray passing second.

Bringing another defender on when you have a slim lead and then just about hanging on for a draw means something went wrong somewhere

Only silver lining is that at least it doesn't paper over our deficiencies. There's talent in this squad and the possibility of another signing or two, but Nuno has to do much more to unlock it

Traore was good tonight I thought. Silva isn’t ready but we knew that. Hoever needs to play ahead of Semedo and we probably have to go back to a three ASAP.
We need to be much better but at the end of the day we are missing Boly, Jonny, Dendoncker, Podence, Marcal and Raul right now so it’s not surprising that we’re struggling.

Semedo actually played well tonight I thought. Neves was exceptional too, absolutely dictated the middle for 60 minutes.

Worrying performance second half we looked a bit of rabble at times. We were ok first half the better side but 3-1 was flattering.
Its results and performances like this and the one at Burnley that are annoying. It’s ok performing well v Spurs and Man Utd but it needs backing up with solid displays against weaker sides.
We’re suffering badly from competition for places at the moment. Silva looked lost at times tonight and created not much focal point.
We’re making some really poor decisions at times which are proving fatal.
Reality is 5 points from the last 7 games simply isn’t good enough.
I’m not putting Nuno under pressure but recent form will just the way things are.

Absolutely fuming at how we threw that away. In comeplete control at half time then fell apart straight from kick off. The second half was pathetic all round.

We have to buy a striker in the window
Scored 3 goals away & we need a striker? We need an absence of leg danglers who cannot be dropped despite being Championship level as they age.

Scored 3 goals away & we need a striker? We need an absence of leg danglers who cannot be dropped despite being Championship level as they age.

Yes, we do need a striker: scoring three goals away doesn't change that one jot. Silva is talented but not ready currently.

That second half, showed us for what we are - not good enough.

Too many of our players go missing too often - that just doesn’t happen with top six sides very often......it happens with us every week.

I can’t pick out names because everyone (bar maybe Adama) was crap second half - even Rui looks like he’s going to let in everything that’s on target.

It’s not Silvas fault but, honestly, he just doesn’t look very good. He might be in three years but he isn’t now. And he is the consequence of a risking buying policy that, this summer, has killed us.

We all want a striker but I’m not sure that would make a difference. We look pedestrian in midfield, and dodgy at the back - Lionel Messi won’t stop Moutinhos awful tackle or leaving players free in the six yard box (again and again). We are changing personnel and formations in every single game and some of them don’t know what they’re doing.

Would Fosun be completely out if order if they didn’t give Nuno any more cash this season, wrote it off and played the kids?

I could actually see the argument in it after watching that shambles of a second half.

Well that second half was grim (not great in the first but we had some deserved luck). Can't think of one positive thing. Played off the park by Brighton ffs. Not sure where we go from here, we really need our big guns back asap. We looked really crap on the ball and movement non existent. Quite early in the half resorted to humping it up to Traore and hoping for a flash of brilliance.
Never thought I would but had to put a poster on ignore..doing my fruit...probably just cos I'm pissed off.
We really need this break in the league...give the kids a go in the cup snd hope we have some of our stars back.
I need a beer

For all the pelters Silva is getting, we could have had peak Alan Shearer up front, and it wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference. We didn't give him a sniff, and once again the entire tactical operation is 'give it Neto or Traore and hope they can do something brilliant.

Defending on that third was fucking disgraceful. Absolutely shambolic. If you're going to block the cunt, then block him.

3-1 really flattered us at half time tbh, but yet again our game management and mentality cost us points. I can understand dropping deep and hoping for the best against the big clubs, but against shit like Brighton? It's not even as if we've got a great record of seeing games out since Wembley either - we've gone from one of the top scorers in the latter minutes, to seemingly conceding and important late goal every other week. I know today wasn't really late, but it's a result of the pathetic mentality when we're leading. We don't control the football. We're supposed to be shifting to a style where we dominate the ball the ball better, but we're haf way through the season and not seeing much bloody evidence of it.

Felt so positive after the first half - pinging the ball around, good use of possession, and Traore looking like last season’s version - second half was appalling, with a hopeful ball not being dealt with and a poor challenge from a veteran, and then just waving the white flag for the rest of the match - Nuno is pretty culpable for that acquiescence.

This result is what you get for a poor transfer window and believing you are Manchester United and can win things with kids. We are in need of a real striker who can play with Raul (if he returns). Silva may become a top striker or he may go the other way. Alan says he has never seen fade like this under Nuno has he forgot Watford at Wembley when we went defensive A good attacking midfielder who can contribute a few goals would not go amiss either.

I know you’re just a troll, but do you seriously think we’re going to loan out someone who cost 3497863611 rupees?
Just put him on ignore, not worth engaging and not even an entertaining WUM.

On a serious note are we at the stage where we've crossed paths from giving Fabio experience is going to be more damaging than beneficial to him?

I still think it's a ruse to get away from the 'second half' team moniker...........it's working

Back