• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Burnley (H) 07/11/15 Build up and Matchday Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jolemai

Reaction score
Suppose we had better have one of these. Sounds like everyone is looking forward to it...

Martinez
Iorfa - Batth - Williamson - Golbourne
Price/Coady
Henry - McDonald - Edwards - Byrne
Afobe​

Well, something like that. Basically try to get McDonald further forwards if Price is on the field, or McDonald can sit back with Coady rampaging if it's that way around. What would be best for Burnley?

Also, how many of you will boo Kightly?

Perhaps we can use his attendance as a distraction from our current woes? Somewhere to divert the anger?

He wasn't even on the bench on Tuesday so I presume he's injured.

--------------------------Martinez-----------------------

Iorfa--------------Batth----------Williamson-------Golbourne

Byrne------------Price-----------McDonald----------Graham

-------------------Afobe----------Le Fondre--------------------

2012/13: L 1-2 (H), L 0-2 (A)
2009/10: W 2-0 (H), W 2-1 (A)
2008/9: W 2-0 (H), L 0-1 (A)
2007/8: L 2-3 (H), W 3-1 (A)
2006/7: W 2-1 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2005/6: L 0-1 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2004/5: W 2-0 (H), D 1-1 (A), D 1-1 (A, LC)
2003/4: W 2-0 (H, LC)
2002/3: W 3-0 (H), L 1-2 (A)
2001/2: W 3-0 (H), W 3-2 (A)
2000/1: W 1-0 (H), W 2-1 (A)
1994/5: W 2-0 (H), W 2-1 (A)

Given my ticket up for this one as I'm away this weekend. Only bothered by the fact I won't be able to abuse Kightly

I couldn't give a fuck about Kightly.

I do give a fuck about our prospects if we lose another one. But then I guess a win won't alter the fact that we have a manager who seems to have lost the plot.

If we beat Burnley, I would say winning 2 from 3 in one week is good return and not quite the scenes of a manager who has lost the plot. (I don;t expect us to win this game at all btw, think it will be a 1-1 draw)

if KJ has "lost the plot" expect this team to start

..................Martinez

.......Iorfa.......Batth....Williamson

Henry.....Coady...Edwards...McDonald...Byrne

.....................OnloanLard

.....................ALF

Unfortunately the apathy had kicked in. KJs Wolves team does not entertain me, we play shit football and are shit at it.

We didn't play well that often at home last year, it was only the last 1/3 of the season (basically after Afobe came on v Blackpool, we were shit then too!). And this season has been boring as well.

I don't quite understand what arguments there are to keep him.

We will probably win this, but that won't change my mind. Will just paper over the cracks.

He wasn't even on the bench on Tuesday so I presume he's injured.

--------------------------Martinez-----------------------

Iorfa--------------Batth----------Williamson-------Golbourne

Byrne------------Price-----------McDonald----------Graham

-------------------Afobe----------Le Fondre--------------------

good selection BUT you know Edwards will be picked for sure. Another nail in the coffin I'm afraid as Edwards in a 4 man midfield is disastrous.

I was looking forward to my first opportunity of seeing a Wolves game since early September. However, I'm not too sure that I can be arsed if I'm honest.

I will wait and see what Saturday morning brings.

Unfortunately the apathy had kicked in. KJs Wolves team does not entertain me, we play shit football and are shit at it.

We didn't play well that often at home last year, it was only the last 1/3 of the season (basically after Afobe came on v Blackpool, we were shit then too!). And this season has been boring as well.

I don't quite understand what arguments there are to keep him.

We will probably win this, but that won't change my mind. Will just paper over the cracks.

Blimey, I almost started slashing my wrists reading this post. You need to smile Punts - try farting. That normally helps.

Blimey, I almost started slashing my wrists reading this post. You need to smile Punts - try farting. That normally helps.

I did have a little chuckle reading this!

Deutsch's team except for Wallace instead of LeFondre. KJ's handling of him this year reminds me a lot of how he managed Jacobs last year; occasional game out of position, then benched, then out of the 18 completely.

Martinez

Iorfa - Williamson - Batth - Golbourne

Henry - McDonald - Coady - Byrne

Edwards

ALF

First game of the season and cant really recall being so apathetic about going. Coming down from Lincoln on Friday and more arsed about seeing friends/family rather than the football. I think Kenny has made a rod for his own back this season as discussed but I think you can only see so many strange decisions such as Tuesdays antics before the players start to lose faith in him too which is when things really become terminal.

Ironic really that the last really poisonous home atmosphere was against Burnley under Saunders and here we are on the brink on Saturday. I don't think we'll have pitch invasions but I do think the crowd will turn very quickly.

My prediction for Sat: Western 3 Litten 2 (Bathams first scorer).

My prediction for Sat: Western 3 Litten 2 (Bathams first scorer).

That would be an amazing result for the Litten. It'd be like Stourbridge only losing to a single goal to Barcelona.

That would be an amazing result for the Litten. It'd be like Stourbridge only losing to a single goal to Barcelona.

Western storm out to an early lead but live football and hot barmaids grab two late consolation goals for the Litten.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back