• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Burnley (H) 07/11/15 Build up and Matchday Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... VLP on the bench and Graham dropped from the 18? Awesome.

Wallace will be straight in starting line up, VLP in number ten role and Graham dropped from squad if usual selection patterns are followed.

Wallace will be straight in starting line up, VLP in number ten role and Graham dropped from squad if usual selection patterns are followed.

And he was called back from Oxford for FA... I'll be even further annoyed if he ends up dropped entirely.

Martinez

Iorfa - Williamson - Batth - Golbourne

Henry - McDonald - Coady - Byrne

Edwards

ALF

Not my choice but I think it will be KJs with the possible swap of Afobe for ALF. Hoping for a point 1-1

What would satisfy you as a Wolves fan against Burnley, could you accept defeat if Wolves looked organised and competitive with a team selection that looked close to the best available.
We know Burnley will prove to be highly competitive within a 4-4-2 looking to be very compact and breaking onto Wolves from a solid base. But whats acceptable from Wolves?

Team is greater than the sum of the parts
Everyone gives 100%
No ridiculous selections or formations

But for me even doing that is simply to hammer another nail into Jackett's coffin. If you can do it against Burnley what's gone wrong for most of the rest of the season?

Even if we say, won 2-0 and played well (and I don't think either will happen anyway), it'd be too late for me as far as the manager's concerned. I no longer trust him to put out teams that can do it often enough, it's become the norm now to look at the team at 2pm and wonder why at least one player is/isn't featuring.

How many changes do we think he'll make from Tuesday?

I'll go with 4. Complete lottery.

How many changes do we think he'll make from Tuesday?

I'll go with 4. Complete lottery.

I expect him to select the same keeper and back four as against Bristol then McDonald and Coady with the front four positions up in the air.

Its likely Edwards will play as an auxiliary striker which totally negates Afobe's effectiveness without a footballer providing him with any ammunition.
Second half he will probably haul off Afobe and go route one onto the head of Grant Holt.

On my way down. We better bloody win.

With it pi$$ing down with rain I have a horrible feeling that Holt will start!

Burnley (H) 07/11/15 Build Up Thread

Predict 3-2 to Wolves. Grant Holt hat-trick. Kenny to survive the (potential) international break manager-cull (temporarily) and a united, jubilant South Bank singing the praises of Holt, Williamson, DD and Martinez. I'm under the influence of Frank - who got it right, last game. Nothing is impossible!

Anyone see that article on the e&s where KJ was saying along the lines of how Wolves play their football to suit Afobe as he is the focal point in the way we play... I thought what bullshit, against BC we hoofed it up to him for 45 minutes and then he got subbed.

Think I have a version of Frankitous... I'm slowly getting excited about today's game!

First time Ive been sat in the Western and not been buzzing for the game. Saving my excitement for when the teams are announced.

Ill move into town in a half hour or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back