• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Burton 2 - Wolves 1 a disappointing end to a good week verdict thread

The thing that concerned me the most was that it seemed that the game plan was to go high and long to Dicko - the pitch wasn't so bad that playing into feet or down the channels was out of the question - why do the one thing their big lumps of centre halves would relish all day, and why stick with it when it was clearly failing? Really dumb football.
This....and it was evident from the first minute.

On the ex player front. We have been in the Championship for most of the last 30 years, even in the seasons when we weren't we by and large played with Championship players. We have also had a large turnover of staff in the last 4/5 years, therefore it's my guess that we have more ex players who play against us and therefore more score.

So, has my sig been a racist comment for the past 5 years? I had no idea it might be from Roots ffs. He started playing for us when I was 9. I thought it was because he had skinny chicken legs
In Ndah's case he is actually called George and he does have chicken legs so it's just about ok. In general it's a bit racist though.

So, has my sig been a racist comment for the past 5 years? I had no idea it might be from Roots ffs. He started playing for us when I was 9. I thought it was because he had skinny chicken legs

Because of issues in designing training, I sought guidance about what phrases etc were racist or offensive.

The answers included using any phrase in a negative manner. The example was accident black spot is negative ,black board is fact. Brain storming was a phrase that was frowned on however the epilepsy soiciety said it caused no offence as it was neither negative or applied to a condition.
So it would depend on the context of your signature. It is is because of his chicken legs then no race offense. If its after the programme then it could be.

Very simplistic but it worked for my mind!

Because of issues in designing training, I sought guidance about what phrases etc were racist or offensive.

The answers included using any phrase in a negative manner. The example was accident black spot is negative ,black board is fact. Brain storming was a phrase that was frowned on however the epilepsy soiciety said it caused no offence as it was neither negative or applied to a condition.
So it would depend on the context of your signature. It is is because of his chicken legs then no race offense. If its after the programme then it could be.

Very simplistic but it worked for my mind!

Its all down to individuals interpretation I guess, there are some professional doom merchants who look for racism where none is intended and of course people make racist comments without really I tending to.....its a minefield

I always thought black people called other black people George or chicken George, as a way of telling them they creep or are subservient to white people. I think if a white person used it in a derogatory sense against a black person, it is racist.

I think the character Chicken George was named because he trained fighting cocks..........I thought he was a real person as I never saw Roots......or is my crap memory leading me up the garden path......again

I think the character Chicken George was named because he trained fighting cocks..........I thought he was a real person as I never saw Roots......or is my crap memory leading me up the garden path......again

Pretty much my memory of it, think he was the son of the main character.

Roots was based on a real life story of the ancestry of the author Alex Haley so Chicken George was a real person rather than a fictional character

Roots was based on a real life story of the ancestry of the author Alex Haley so Chicken George was a real person rather than a fictional character

Yes thats what I thought.....glad I hadn't imagined it

Back