• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Cambrige (H) Matchday Squad - EFL Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might be Prince at CB, Hause at LB?

Costa and Prince starting is good to see, having midfielders as left back/right back seems strange though (to be fair Coady impressed last time he was there)

Though - is that a position Saville has played before? I have a vague recollection that it is for some reason though I'm not the most knowledgeable about this sorta thing!

That's a really strong midfield three, but Costa as a lone forward (!) and Saville at left-back (!!) are the eye-raising choices here. Borthwick-Jackson on the bench, Ola John not in the squad, and makes sense to give Bodvarsson and Mason rests.

Saville ended up at LB vs Rotherham and played well.

Costa and Prince starting is good to see, having midfielders as left back/right back seems strange though (to be fair Coady impressed last time he was there)

Though - is that a position Saville has played before? I have a vague recollection that it is for some reason though I'm not the most knowledgeable about this sorta thing!

I think he might have played there once during a match when we had someone sent off or gone off injured when we'd used up all our subs? I can't remember him *starting* there, for sure.

Wow. Ummmmm?

Zenga has a reputation for both constant squad rotation and picking players in unusual positions, seems we're getting both eccentricities tonight.

Not many people would have predicted that starting eleven.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Quite the lineup!

Saville at left back :icon_lol:

Ola John not even in the squad? Obviously didn't train well yesterday.

Saville at left back :icon_lol:

Ola John not even in the squad? Obviously didn't train well yesterday.
Or his international clearance didn't come through in time

Zenga looks as if he is going to be an innovative manager - whether that is a good or bad thing remains to be seen

If Saville is playing LB then hope that he has the positional awareness to maintain the defensive line - though he would have known about it before we did & no doubt Walter has had a little chat

Whilst Coady played OK at RB last time its not his usual position so Hause & Iorfa could have a hard time maintaining the line

Saville played at left back about 10 mins after Iorfa was sent off v Rotherham didn't he?

He seems a bit wild in the challenge to play 90 mins in defence.

Odd "team bonding" with the subs at the mo. In a circle doing the usual keep the ball in the air routine...whoever does a shit attempt has his ears flicked by the rest!!

I bet Edwards is ace at that, his first touch routinely goes ten foot in the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back