• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Comedians

With you on this fella. He's not funny.
It annoys me that talentless wankers like him sell out the NEC, and genuinely funny good comedians struggle with small halls.
I'd much rather watch a comedian upstairs in a pub rather than an aircraft hanger arena. Saying that not been to a comedy gig for a longer while, must change that.

Howard is ok in small doses. But his relentless inane bumpkin grin gets to me after a while.

Love Henning Wehn though.

Well, it was a good set from Mr Howard a lot better than I expected. The venue certainly helps as it is a small place and an Irish crowd who were experts in heckling

Loving Richard Herring's work on Twitter today in honour of International Women's Day. Re-tweeting all the twat blokes asking why there's no International Men's Day and informing them it's Nov 19th :D

Went to see Stewart Lee on Friday night. Not just very funny but a real craftsman. One of, if not the most polished performances I've seen. All of the left wing elite from their leafy suburbs on here would loved it.

Someone posted about david baddiel tickets on the happy thread. Acquired tickets for his wolves show. Saw his Fame (not the musical) show which I really liked.
Just had a text offuv a mate who appears to have contacts that will get tickets free for the chris rock show at the nia next january too. If true, that would be mega!

Off to see Rob Brydon tonight. Must've had the tickets nearly a year (I get annoyed by having to get tickets so far in advance too).
Never seen him live before.

Saw him a few years back in Brum. Decent set, bit old school with the jokes but a good laugh. Can't remember the name of his warm up act, probably a good thing though as he was proper shit.

Went to see Jason Manford in Stafford last night as he tried out material for his big tour in 2018. Very good indeed and for a gig where he is trying out stuff, it was very polished.

Only downside to the night was down to Ticketmaster who had managed sell our seats twice. The Gatehouse manager sorted it but that didn't stop the woman next to us going on and on and on and on and fucking on about it.

Never seen Manford. Would have got tickets as he's doing a WIP tour (bit odd, but understand that). When I saw Gary Delaney, he did his show, then asked if we'd like to be a test for a load of stuff for a forthcoming Mock the Week.

Dara tickets have gone on sale. Dara offers a masterclass in stand up I think.

Never seen Manford. Would have got tickets as he's doing a WIP tour (bit odd, but understand that)

Think he has just added Wolverhampton to the full tour (Muddle Class). Seen Manford a few times and I like his style. He finished the gig last night with a little push of his new album and did a song. I knew he could sing as I have seen him in a couple of stage shows (Producers and Chitty) but his voice is ridiculously good now. Busy man as well, the night before he was in Scotland for a corporate gig...then down to Manchester for some 5Live shizzle then to Stafford, did gig and also did an album signing session after it and then drove up to Berwick

See a few comedians of a test run before a main tour. First time I saw Lee Evans was at the Gatehouse doing just that.

Fancy Sean Lock at the civic if there are any tickets left ?

Can't do that night. Can you ask him to move the dates to Feb...

Flight of the Conchords are doing some UK shows next year. Tickets go on sale tomorrow.

Back