• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Crystal Palace 2-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Perhaps we shouldn’t have been so eager to get rid of all our senior players on the whim of an over promoted shyster.
Werent these senior players all playing when we lost 2-0 to them

Hodge was alright. As decent as Cundle ever looked to my eyes and he battled and passed well and supported the attacks. He just wasn't needed tonight.

Encouraging at times but the free kick on half time was a pivotal moment then them scoring so early in the second half. Bueno superb, great cross for Traore's goal. Don't get the triple substitution on 57 minutes. Again our substitutions made us worse. Why did it have to be that absolute cunt to score the winner?!!

Shit.

Fucking Lage has destroyed our club. Pox on him and the ‘give him time’ contingent.
Jeff let him destroy our club. Jeff is the problem here why can’t others see it?

He got lucky with Nuno, started to believe it was all down to him, became a megalomaniac and sat idly by while all that Nuno built gradually decayed around him. We’re actually left with nothing at all of value and the playing investments made by Lage are depreciating by the hour.

We are watching as we hurtle into a relegation car crash and Jeff is frozen at the wheel

That was not as bad as being made out. Some good play and chances created.

The subs did ok even young Hodge should have been 2 up could have been 3 at Half time.
Would have kept both Traores on but both had faded

We simply don’t have enough quality to compete in forward areas at this level. Currently reliant on Adama, Podence, Hwang, Guedes, Costa to score enough to get us out of trouble that front bunch are championship level.

I can't understand how Semedo keeps getting a game, never rated him, no heart, slack defensively, no end product going forward. Wan Bissaka lite. Bleeding robot.
Not half the player Doherty was and that is saying something.

Baby steps but I do think that was a marginal improvement. Halftime the mood was very different.

Bueno played really, really well. Wouldn't expect that from him every week but he was totally solid, not afraid to help play out from the back/through the press, attacked *really* well and put in a peach of a ball for the goal. Big, big kudos to him.

Traore II was good as well. Really badly needed injection of energy and...I dunno, hustle, I guess? Broke up a lot of play, unfortunate he got booked as we lost some of our edge when he went off. But, he was at least partly at fault for the equaliser.

Weirdly Adama didn't really do a whole lot but right place right time for once, so good for him.

Neves was unlucky with his FK, couple inches and we'd have been 2-0.

Think people are being a bit OTT with Costa, he's not setting the world on fire but tonight was literally more chances than he's had so far. He wasn't even expected to play so to get another 75 is pretty good, I do think he'll score goals if we continue creating chances like we did today.

Not so good, Nunes was pretty anonymous and doesn't seem to know what he's supposed to be doing. Not sure if he was groggy after getting his bell rung (wouldn't put it past the medical team given their recent track record) but we need someone to solve that and quickly.

Semedo was good first half and absolutely rancid second, really awful. Unfortunately with Jonny being completely out of form as well we're stuck with playing one or the other - Semedo probably edges it but it's less than ideal. He really needs to concentrate more, it happens too often where he switches off and doesn't notice someone coming in behind him.

Subs neutered us quite a lot. I can understand Traore II with him having been booked (and Coote being a prick in general) but the others...eh. Felt like tinkering when it wasn't needed.

They did keep going though. They kept playing, didn't let the game die out, made it (somewhat) uncomfortable for Palace, albeit with the usual lack of quality in the final third. But I did get the sense they do have some belief back. It's the bare minimum, I do realise that, but Lage quite clearly decimated their confidence, so I still think tonight was a step forward - again, baby steps.

A legitimate manager should be able to get more of a tune out of them, so I don't think we are in as much trouble as some people seem to think.

Don’t mind the middle two off but Adama off is one of the worst changes I can remember as a Wolves fan. Zero outball. The second half team could play for a week and wouldn’t have any goals in it. If the first half performance had persisted I genuinely think David was in with a shot of an extended caretakership. He shat the bed royally.

Too many passengers. This team can’t carry 2 or 3 players which is what we’re doing.

Podence might have his spells but he’s an absolute passenger most the time and loses every single battle. Him rolling on the floor just before their goal infuriated me. We had a good chance to score there but he was faking an injury. Then we concede a minute or so later. Give me any of their front 4 over him any day.

Nunes did nothing on or off the ball either. Played out of position yes but he’s still got to be better when he has the ball and more combative.

Costa did fuck all but we didn’t really give him a sniff apart from the early chance he fucked up.

Semedo was shite. He’s really pissed me off tonight. The fact Bueno was streets ahead of him at both ends is a bit of a disgrace. Bueno was fantastic though.

I could rant about most of them but I’m going to stop. Palace just have better players than us who want it more. Bit of a shambles that with the money we’ve spent.

Hodge is nowhere near as good as Cundle (and Cundle isn’t ready either)
As you’ve just said, neither of them are ready. That’s the issue. Bringing hodge on currently is just so unnecessary. We don’t have an injury crisis in centre midfield. We have options. Just so unnecessary

As Johnny said, traore was poor today, however I wouldn’t have taken him off. Still think we look more threatening with him on. Whether that’s because of the effect he has, or the bluntness of the rest of the team il let you decide.

Costa not up to speed but he’s the best we’ve got currently, which is a sad state of affairs.

Thought guedes took up some decent positions when he came on

Credit to bueno, looked dead nervous at the start, but grew into the game, great assist and a positive to take.

Thought traore the slow looks like he can offer something and a decent squad option.

Contrary to peoples opinions, still unsure on Collins, looks like a bomb scare at times.

Atleast that will hopefully put to bed the option of keeping Davis in situ until the break for the World Cup.

I watched in isolation from the forum and do think there is maybe some group think that has happened. It wasn't good but it always isn't as bad as some of the comments.

Tempo was better for most, better chances from opening play, still look too blunt but for the first time I look at tonight and think "maybe good coaching would fix this". Some nice moments with passing and moving, playing out from the back a couple of times looked calm and composed, some okay performances in patches. Liked the energy of B Traore and agree A Traore shouldn't have been taken off.

Not great but better, can't keep throwing points away though obviously.

The frustrating thing is that Palace have done nothing remarkable. They’ve used their PL money to sign the best players from the Championship. Eze and Olise weren’t even gambles and they’ve both been signed for less than a Guedes.

Too many passengers. This team can’t carry 2 or 3 players which is what we’re doing.

Podence might have his spells but he’s an absolute passenger most the time and loses every single battle. Him rolling on the floor just before their goal infuriated me. We had a good chance to score there but he was faking an injury. Then we concede a minute or so later. Give me any of their front 4 over him any day.

Nunes did nothing on or off the ball either. Played out of position yes but he’s still got to be better when he has the ball and more combative.

Costa did fuck all but we didn’t really give him a sniff apart from the early chance he fucked up.

Semedo was shite. He’s really pissed me off tonight. The fact Bueno was streets ahead of him at both ends is a bit of a disgrace. Bueno was fantastic though.

I could rant about most of them but I’m going to stop. Palace just have better players than us who want it more. Bit of a shambles that with the money we’ve spent.
Completely agree on Podence. He offers and produces so little, and his wasting of possession borders on the criminal at times. He's a dreadful player.

Honestly Bear, what characteristics fries Hodge have and how is he similar to Cundle?

Have you watched either at youth level?
Both play centre mid 😜.

But nah personally think there was alot of ott about cundle anyway. Neither good enough currently

Back