• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Crystal Palace 2-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

The Bear

Euro 2012 PTG Champion
Staff member
Reaction score

Disappointing after that first half performance. Asleep on the restart and then too many subs for the sake of it from Davis, albeit made at the right time as Palace started to dominate.

Hodge didn't need to come on, and Adama shouldn't have come off. Completely blunted our control in the middle and the forward play became very disjointed.

A kick in the teeth after a decent result against Forest.

Last edited:
Until we get a decent manager in, this is gonna be bad :/

Shame that, after the first half.

A game we should have got something from despite the evident issues. Frustrating.

Couldn’t adapt to the tactical change by Vieira and bizarre subs then really hurt us.

This club is run so badly. Let’s hope that puts them off giving Davis and Collins more time.

Awful. We are staring relegation in the face.

Not for the first time, but how many times do we have 2 or 3 players contesting a challenge with a single opposition player and never win the ball !!!! We are terrible at tackling - without committing a foul !!

Adama can do it for us however we took him off and left Podence on.
He can't. He might be able to beat players like Zaha can but he's nowhere near as influential on the game as a whole, not even close.

Neves displayed the point perfectly for me at the end, all too eager to whinge at Sa for a sliced lump up field but that whole situation had come about because he'd passed the buck with a pointless square pass from a freekick instead of getting it forward in the dying seconds.

No heart, no character, they're weak.

Fucking shite. They might as well play me instead of Costa or Hwang.

Podence and Costa probably needed to be the first substitutions made, and Campbell ought to be ahead of Hodge/Guedes tbh. Cannot believe Podence lasted the full match after giving away the ball countless times.

The rest of the subs are understandable to a degree but once Adama came off it freed up that side significantly (even if Adama was fading I thought he was tracking back superbly to help Semedo with Zaha)

Decent enough first half, killed by conceding such an early second half goal. Followed then by some strange substitutions, concession of an awful second and from then on it was game over.

Pluses, Bueno was excellent, we actual showed some fight at the end even it was never likely to result in an equaliser.

We’ll be in the bottom three by the time we play Leicester at the weekend, and I don’t fancy us to get anything out of that either.

As I said in the matchday thread, Davis tried to be too clever with his changes today. Taking Adama off killed us & absolutely no reason for the Guedes/Hodge switch.

Trying to take some positives from a pretty demoralising result, I thought Hugo played really well - very encouraging. As did Boubacar. Unfortunately with Semedo, he was excellent first half staying tight and was winning the battle with Zaha, but then he cost us a goal and Zaha goes on to score the winner, so ultimately you can’t say he’s done well - the games 90 minutes.

Pretty dejected after that.

Head coach needed urgently that second half has the signs of a side destined for relegation.
Just bizarre triple change before the hour then we end up losing and looking desperate.
Don’t tell me we’re full of quality because we’re not and those that are can’t keep carrying the others. We won’t score anywhere near enough to survive I’m afraid.

Bueno was properly good which is a real bonus squad wise I think.

We don’t need to see Hodge again. Not this season anyway. Good U21 player. Will play in League 1 most of his career I reckon

Davis killed us with the subs.

I'm sure Joe Hodge is a lovely lad but he's barely a Lg2 footballer.

Adama but for his goal had a shocking game, miscontrolled everything that went to him.

Thought Bueno played really well but for his one mistake which cost is a goal.

Solid defensively but ball retention was terrible, constantly gave it away when we didn't need to and when we needed to played at a snails pace in the 2nd half.

Nunes looks increasingly pissed off playing as a 10 which he is so ill suited to.

We really need to stop playing players out of position.

And we badly need a manager, firstly to tell Sellars and his coaches to go away and secondly to get some shape into this team.

Back