• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Diving/Cheating. Ok for Wolves to do?

Kenny

🤨
Staff member
Reaction score
Taking on Marko's comments about Wolves fans being happy that Dicko won a dubious penalty last night just a few days after we were all up in arms about the cheating cockpocket from Watford.

Are the 2 incidents the same? Should be we having a go Nouha for his actions?

Over to you lot to start insulting each other and ignoring what is said.........

Darling: So you see, Blackadder, Field Marshal Haig is most anxious to
eliminate all these German spies.

Melchett: Filthy Hun weasels fighting their dirty underhand war!

Darling: And, fortunately, one of *our* spies--

Melchett: Splendid fellows, brave heroes, risking life and limb for Blighty!

Darling: So you see, Blackadder, Field Marshal Haig is most anxious to
eliminate all these German spies.

Melchett: Filthy Hun weasels fighting their dirty underhand war!

Darling: And, fortunately, one of *our* spies--

Melchett: Splendid fellows, brave heroes, risking life and limb for Blighty!

:clap:

I think there's a difference between going down softly for a penalty and pretending someone has lamped you to get them sent off. But that's not to condone it and I'd rather players on our team didn't do it.

If anyone can compare what FF did to a go going down too easy from a little contact is on a wind up and has little to do at work today IMO/IMV.

I never said anyone was happy about the dive, just dismissive, there have been a few pretty in depth verdicts put up and no mention of anything dubious around the penalty, just completely ignored. Yet when a far less influential decision was made a couple of games ago it was like the end of the world, you'd think having the topic so fresh in the memories could've prompted a better response and discussion around the issue, a chance for Wolves fans to take a real stance against cheating rather than just moaning when it goes against them, like was claimed a short while ago.

If anyone can compare what FF did to a go going down too easy from a little contact is on a wind up and has little to do at work today IMO/IMV.

So you've got a sliding scale for cheating now? A little is ok but don't take the piss?

I think that he was looking for contact with the defender and managed to get it. A soft penalty to concede and one which I wouldn't be too happy about if it was at the other end of the pitch.

Never!, i'm a partizan, Wolves player's never cheat, the opposition always do.

One eyed?, of course.

Did he dive, or did he go down after contact, which they all do nowadays. And if he had stayed on his feet, would a penalty have been given?

I never said anyone was happy about the dive, just dismissive, there have been a few pretty in depth verdicts put up and no mention of anything dubious around the penalty, .

To be honest that may be because people at the game and not seeing a replay would have thought it was a penalty and had no dubious elements about it. At the game, it looked like a nailed on penalty and the Sheffield defender hardly puts up a strong defence of his challenge either. It may change when the full highlights are released. I have seen the phone footage taken from what was shown on SSN last night but to me that doesn't change my mind that it was a penalty.

if he had stayed on his feet, would a penalty have been given?

On previous incidents at Molineux. No he wouldn't. Trying to stay on your feet in the area is seemingly frowned upon.

It looked like a penalty - admittedly I was half the ground away but the defender's job is to either make a challenge or not and it looks like he ended up doing neither and just left himself in the way of an attacking player who was looking to get past him in the box. Any contact in such a situation leaves the defender at risk. Like others have said, there was very little complaint from Wednesday at the time which to me is always a good indicator of whether the decision was more right than wrong.

To be honest that may be because people at the game and not seeing a replay would have thought it was a penalty and had no dubious elements about it. At the game, it looked like a nailed on penalty and the Sheffield defender hardly puts up a strong defence of his challenge either. It may change when the full highlights are released. I have seen the phone footage taken from what was shown on SSN last night but to me that doesn't change my mind that it was a penalty.

There was no reaction at all from the defender, which suggests there was contact.

A good indicator to me was the way that Dicko displayed the skills of a slalom skier to get away from a challenge outside the area yet can't get round a statue in the area.

A good indicator to me was the way that Dicko displayed the skills of a slalom skier to get away from a challenge outside the area yet can't get round a statue in the area.

He twisted one way, then turned the other way, knees collided and he went down...Try to run at pace, changing directions and then have your knee clipped. Not the most blatant of fouls by the defender and probably a bit of connection from both players. Penalty for me, "slight contact" or not

E&S....

Bakary Sako’s 18th-minute spot kick following Nouha Dicko’s fall that looked right out of Fernando Forestieri’s book of tricks paved the way for a third win in four home games.

Back