• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Diving/Cheating. Ok for Wolves to do?

Just because the defender 'touched the ball' doesn't change whether he fouled the attacker - the touch may have so slight as to have no impact on what happened next

Just because the defender 'touched the ball' doesn't change whether he fouled the attacker - the touch may have so slight as to have no impact on what happened next

I agree but he didn't foul him either. I'd be fuming if that went against us.

He clearly touches it Paddy. That's not the outside of Nouha's foot that changes the balls direction towards the byline, it's Deilna's right foot. I stand by what I said earlier, if the defender had been more committed and had cleared out ball and man it would've been a superb tackle and we'd probably have a corner kick instead of a pen. Instead, he bottles out of the challenge because he's afraid of conceding a penalty and ends up doing exactly that.

It was a penalty pure and simple, you don't need to make contact for a foul, it was not obstruction.

The player stuck his leg out whilst Dicko changed direction, by getting out of the way of the leg he went down, penalty.

Most ref's would have given that, some would not have.

Back