• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Euro 2020

We deserved the win in the end. The free kick should have been saved (was too far over in the first place and even then you have to stop it), other than that they didn't hurt us too much. Schmeichel was easily their best player. Another manager making weird changes, Damsgaard and Dolberg going off was very strange, they never had anything going forward after that.

Kane and Sterling were both great.

I feel like a Liverpool fan. I'm convinced it's our year!

We can beat the Italians I'm tagliatellin ya, even if it takes penne-alties.....

I wonder if we will see the 3-4-3 back for the final

We were the better team.
It was a pen Kane should have had one earlier.
To see the Welsh, Scots and Irish tears on Social media is just fantastic

Other than 20 minutes in the middle of the first half we were the better team and from 60 minutes we were the only team trying to win. Really good performance all around and I can’t believe we’re in a final! Not thinking about Italy yet just enjoying the moment!

Ok for the first ten then the Danes took over for twenty minutes. At that point Rice/Phillips/Mount were not in the game. To be fair to them from that point forward Rice and Phillips played well and drive us forward and broke any breaks up. Deservedly won but never a penalty.
MOTM Kyle Walker he was everywhere.
Plaudits to Kane/Maguire/Sterling/Stones who all had good games too. Felt sorry for Grealish but as soon as I saw Trippier warming up i said to my lads that it could only be him going off. We won but if threw them a lifeline which they weren’t good enough to take. Had plenty of 3 on 2’s to finish it off but.......

Get in! First final in my 49 years.

Fantastic, we deserved that on balance. Some ropey decisions from the ref, but we played well. Think we looked good when Grealish came on, he's some player. Phillips was a bit lost first 20 minutes or so, oh bloody hell. Who am I kidding, we won and are into a final, they were all heroes as far as I'm concerned

A bloody final, who'd have thought it!

I think Sunday is all about Southgate, you saw in the 10 minutes after they scored and the first 15 of extra time what we can be, let us be that team. I don't think we'll beat Italy with pragmatism. We have the players to be comfortably better than them though.

Excellent performance, Denmark seemed to fade after their manager gambled with bringing the 3 subs on in about 70 mins, it felt like they lost a bit of grip after that and for us it looked more like when rather than if.

Those last 3 or 4 mins of extra time were genuinely like nothing i have ever seen from an England team, we're usually on the edge and banging the ball away. Instead it was around 50 passes of controlled, intelligent game management. Just brilliant.

Sterling's performance in the 2nd half of ET totally vindicated Southgate's decision to bring Grealish off, a brave decision, but the right one.

Last edited:
Surprised to see a bit of criticism for Mount in here, I thought he was the only one of the CMs that was consistent, he works his arse off defensively, to an extent i hadn't realised before, i thought he had a good game.

Mason Mount vs Denmark

• Pass Accuracy - 87.1%
• Chances Created - 4
• Completed Crosses - 4
• Shots On Target - 1
• Dribbles Completed - 2/2
• Fouls Drawn - 2
• Ground Duels Won - 5
• Tackles - 1

Last edited:
Not necessarily commanding or authoritative, but definitely a good performance that deserved more than 2 lucky goals. We showed we can get out of a hole, and Kane and Sterling are starting to impress together. It was always a matter of time before one of them 'fell' in the area for a penalty. Hopefully Pickford has got all his mistakes out of his system.
Italy sure to be a tougher test, don't want to predict a winner.

Sterling was brilliant yesterday, felt like he was single handedly dragging us up the pitch at times. Fantastic.

Why would it be disallowed? The wall didn't come forwards.

Back