• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Euro 2020

I dont get this not a pen malarky.
The first one where he caught his leg, there was no where near enough contact.

But the sccond one he hit him at Hip level with his body, the VAR angle View, showed it perfectly.
Agreed, it didn't look like a penalty in 2 or 3 of the other views.

But the "VAR Output" one, it was definitely a penalty. Not sure why ITV/BBC haven't been using that particular replay.

I dont get this not a pen malarky.
The first one where he caught his leg, there was no where near enough contact.

But the sccond one he hit him at Hip level with his body, the VAR angle View, showed it perfectly.
didn't he say after the game the guy stuck his foot out and he fell over it. that's the one you say was not enough contact on. check his legs on the hip incident, they are way behind his already falling body. we all have our views of course but for me it's not difficult to see it
as it is. i'm not blaming him for doing it but it's an ongoing issue for the game. i can't criticise arjen robben in the past and then say it's ok when an england player does it.

Agreed, it didn't look like a penalty in 2 or 3 of the other views.

But the "VAR Output" one, it was definitely a penalty. Not sure why ITV/BBC haven't been using that particular replay.
I don't think they get a choice around the pictures used

It has to be at least 1 yard away from the defending wall, it was not when the ball was kicked, however itwas a beautiful move
Total England tinted glasses, other end of the pitch you'd be pure raging if that was given against us

Total England tinted glasses, other end of the pitch you'd be pure raging if that was given against us
Strange post, observing something is wrong isn't rose tinted, it's just observing it.

For example, forget whether it was a penalty or not, the linesman or ref should have stopped play because there was an extra ball on the pitch, which Sterling practically stepped over.

Do i have Danish tinted glasses by identifying that?

Meh, who cares - if we want to go back and re-analyse then Denmark scored from a corner in the previous round which shouldn't have been given. Fuck it, on to Italy.

Yeah, right to highlight this because I didn't see any 6 foot plus Danes rolling round on the floor clutching their faces at the slightest of contact...
Yes I know what you're referring to and that was really poor too . However Kane and Sterling were at it all during the match . Even with the most harmless contact they would go down . They don't convince the ref every time ,but they will on 65% of occasions and they know it .
Why are we spending millions on VAR if it is not being used to look at these key free kicks / penalties .
A few yellow cards handed out to the lads diving would sort a lot - and that includes the 6 ft Danish player .

I don't like it myself, but it's well ingrained into modern football now. Players like Grealish are actually lauded for it as a skill

Yes I know what you're referring to and that was really poor too . However Kane and Sterling were at it all during the match . Even with the most harmless contact they would go down . They don't convince the ref every time ,but they will on 65% of occasions and they know it .
Why are we spending millions on VAR if it is not being used to look at these key free kicks / penalties .
A few yellow cards handed out to the lads diving would sort a lot - and that includes the 6 ft Danish player .
My problem is with singling out the England players the morning after a battling victory.
I didn’t see any comments about the Italian player who went down as though he’d been shot, the night before, who jumped back to his feet like a spring chicken when the referee made a decision. Spanish players too

I thought it was a pen last night and I still think it was a pen this morning. There was contact, moving at speed means that someone is likely to go down because of it.

As for a second ball being on the pitch, that's poor officiating and the game should probably have stopped.

My problem is with singling out the England players the morning after a battling victory.
I didn’t see any comments about the Italian player who went down as though he’d been shot, the night before, who jumped back to his feet like a spring chicken when the referee made a decision. Spanish players too
There was an England player who did the same yesterday, might have been Saka after he'd ran into Vestergaard, play carried on and soon enough he was back up on his feet like nothing had happened.

You didn't? I shall have to start looking where you do as I'm sick of hearing about Immobile and his antics, its been everywhere!

You didn't? I shall have to start looking where you do as I'm sick of hearing about Immobile and his antics, its been everywhere!
I don’t think I’ve seen anything on here was more my point Lupo.
I'm afraid it’s now part of the game and the ship has sailed about stopping it unless, as suggested, VAR is used to police all of football and cards are dished out. Why should English players be expected to not seek to gain an advantage when the rest of the world does it?

UEFA hit England/FA with 3 charges:

(1) The laser pen directed at Kasper Schmeichel
(2) Booing of national anthems
(3) Fireworks being set off

Strange post, observing something is wrong isn't rose tinted, it's just observing it.

For example, forget whether it was a penalty or not, the linesman or ref should have stopped play because there was an extra ball on the pitch, which Sterling practically stepped over.

Do i have Danish tinted glasses by identifying that?
I realise i quoted the wrong post so my statement makes no sense!

The ref let Denmark get away with loads - blatant back pass 90s into the game, Kane penalty claim and then the constant Fernandinho inspired tactical fouling which they were allowed to get away with all night without receiving a booking. Poulsen was an absolute joke when he came on - must have committed 5/6 himself.

Said it last night Danny Makileli is odd ref was very good v Germany but was all over the place last night.

Back