• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Euro 2020

If I'm ranking England managers from my time:

Robson
Southgate
Eriksson
Venables
Hodgson
Hoddle
Capello
Keegan
Taylor
McClaren
Allardyce

With the caveat that there's a chasm after Sven as I didn't like any of those below him.

Nah, if he had an arm around him he would have been the best. Fergie would have looked after him.
To a degree and when you became a dick he'd fuck you off.
Beckham, Ince, Keane, Stam. Gazza would have imploded wherever he was

Nah, if he had an arm around him he would have been the best. Fergie would have looked after him.
I'll explain why I believe that, if you've watched or read anything about Gazza his early years you could have said he had say ADHD or something to that effect, he was always buzzing, he was always on a high and when he hit rock bottom he would be on a massive downer. There was nothing at Tottenham to help him along and he was left to his own devices. Fergie as I said would have completly looked after him..

Rarely have we qualified for tournaments as comfortably as we have under Southgate, we scored more goals in 2019 than ever before, we did well in the Nations league, we have qualified top of the group in this tournament AND we got to a Semi final in 18.

Which manager was better since Robson then? I'm all ears. (or eyes...)
I hadn’t quite finished the post when it sent so I carried on editing. Basically I don’t think he’s done any better than the rest.

Robson
Southgate
Eriksson
Venables
Hodgson
Hoddle
Capello
Keegan
Taylor
McClaren
Allardyce

With the caveat that there's a chasm after Sven as I didn't like any of those below him.
Fuck lumping fatty even at last, he never even led them out on the pitch.

Robson
Southgate
Eriksson
Venables
Hodgson
Hoddle
Capello
Keegan
Taylor
McClaren
Allardyce

All that says is we've had a series of shite managers. Lovely, cuddly Bobby was hated in '88 and Lineker saved him from the sack in '86. We weren't even any good in '90. The best we played was the game we lost

All that says is we've had a series of shite managers. Lovely, cuddly Bobby was hated in '88 and Lineker saved him from the sack in '86. We weren't even any good in '90. The best we played was the game we lost
Sadly and no real disrespect to the man but we only love Bobby because he gave Bully 13 caps.

Hey, I don't get to change history! That's who I've seen, that's where I rank them. Nothing more and nothing less.

Southgate is the best psychologist of the lot of them. They actually enjoy playing for England now which is half the battle. I've only seen that spirit in 90 and 96 and then only briefly. He's created a bond with the fans which is impressive given where things were after Iceland.

Back