• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Euro 2020

haven't kept up with the thread so not sure if been mentioned, but it's been amusing me how every time I've heard mark clattenburg brought in with the studio to evaluate a ref decision, the on-field decision is the opposite.

Last edited:
haven't kept up with the thread so not sure if been mentioned, but it's been amusing me how every time I've heard mark clattenburg brought in with the studio to evaluate a ref decision, the on-field decision is the opposite almost every single time.
We don't get him. We get Peter Walton who agrees with the onfield decision until it's overturned and then he agrees with that

ITV call him earlier than BT do so he now just describes what has happened until VAR gives its decision and he backs it

mark is very immediate and assured of his opinion each time. great fun.

Doesn’t it just say they will confirm it after the Euros? Still a stupid thing to do - we’ve played shit, let’s reward the conductor of mediocrity.

mark is very immediate and assured of his opinion each time. great fun.
I always take seriously what Mark Clattenberg says. He is very objective about the leadership of David Ellery and Mike Riley (i.e, he doesn't think much of it) and that's the reason why he was never given top games and why he prematurely decided to retire after doing the Champions League Final and the Euros 2016 final, having at least gained recognition by UEFA. If you want to know what's wrong with today's refereeing, just listen closely to what Mark Clattenberg says. Too bad that he's retired because he was a very fine referee. Only Anthony Taylor and Michael Oliver come close to following in his footsteps but even they have their off days, particularly Oliver.

I always take seriously what Mark Clattenberg says. He is very objective about the leadership of David Ellery and Mike Riley (i.e, he doesn't think much of it) and that's the reason why he was never given top games and why he prematurely decided to retire after doing the Champions League Final and the Euros 2016 final, having at least gained recognition by UEFA. If you want to know what's wrong with today's refereeing, just listen closely to what Mark Clattenberg says. Too bad that he's retired because he was a very fine referee. Only Anthony Taylor and Michael Oliver come close to following in his footsteps but even they have their off days, particularly Oliver.
Totally agree mate !

He was the only recent decent ref we've had in England for many a year. The current crop are an embarrassment to the previously excellent tradition of good British refs.

There’s tickets for the England game available on the Euro app now if anyone wants to go.

Thanks for the heads up, nothing there now :(
Well Croatia V Spain has tickets, but can't even see the England game listed even as sold out (others are)

So tonight then...not much between them on paper but Wales have been poor apart from against a shocking Turkey side. Danes played well against Belgium for large parts of the game and obviously swept Russia aside. I think they've got a spring in their step after Eriksen and they're spirit reminds me a little bit of 92. Danish win for me.

Can't see anything other than an Italy win in the other game.

I'd like Wales to win but Denmark look by far the better team.

Italy will win at a canter, Austria are shite.

Yeah Denmark will be tough for Wales, decent all round team, Wales will need all their 'big' players to turn up.......both of them

Thanks for the heads up, nothing there now :(
They come and go on the ticket page on the app. There were plenty of €50 tickets early this morning. Alas, I can’t get the time off work unfortunately.

Reactions: jlo
I expect Denmark to win in the end but will be an even game, Italy will go through, they seem to have a great harmony in the group too with jokes and such

Back