• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

[FA Cup 3rd Rnd] Liverpool 2-2 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Hodge has looked overpromoted so far to me, but I have to say he looked up for it and very able yesterday, so fair play to him for that. Really tenacious and determined.

Only one game though, and we still need better quality this month. But we also need a squad

That game at Albion is the one sticking in my head. Hodge looked good, Cundle bang average. Small sample (like I said 2 games) and he was better in both. Not nonsense, my opinion.

He had a good game yesterday but you probably won’t allow yourself to admit that?
You saw them play together in the only games you watched of the U23's and the only games they played together in, what are the chances of that? Unreal.

I think you had no clue who Hodge was before Davis put him in the team.

He certainly didn't stand out in his 3 whole starts in the 23's and Cundle absolutely did. Also with mentioning Cundle player as an 8 and 10 for the 21's.

I watch a more than unhealthy amount of the 21's (even today's first half) and I can say that nobody picked Hodge out at any point in any game. He certainly didn't run the midfield.

He played OK last night, a solid Jack Price level performance and much better player deeper than a 10 which he never actually played for the 21's. I also saw Tongo Doumbia play well for us once.

Last edited:
You saw them play together in the only games you watched of the U23's and the only games they played together in, what are the chances of that? Unreal.
🤦🏻‍♂️

Two “high profile” games at the end of the season. Yep really random…
I think you had no clue who Hodge was before Davis put him in the team.
Nope none at all. Just like to lie to randomers on the Internet.
He certainly didn't stand out in his 3 whole starts in the 23's and Cundle absolutely did. Also with mentioning Cundle player as an 8 and 10 for the 21's.
Like I said. Small sample, he looked decent and Cundle was disappointing. Again if you missed it SMALL SAMPLE 😀
I watch a more than unhealthy amount of the 21's (even today's first half) and I can say that nobody picked Hodge out at any point in any game. He certainly didn't run the midfield.
You will have a more qualified opinion as a result of watching all those games, but you can’t tell me my opinion of those two games is nonsense because your opinion from the other games I haven’t watched is different.
He played OK last night, a solid Jack Price level performance and much better player deeper than a 10 which he never actually played for the 21's.
Yes and I only saw Cundle play as an advanced player which was the complete opposite to what he was asked to do at Spurs and Newcastle.
I also saw Tongo Doumbia play well for us once.
And I saw Hodge play better than Cundle
In a couple of games. Not saying that means he’s better, just that’s what happened in those games but your bizarrely trying to tell me I didn’t see it…

🤦🏻‍♂️

Two “high profile” games at the end of the season. Yep really random…

Nope none at all. Just like to lie to randomers on the Internet.

Like I said. Small sample, he looked decent and Cundle was disappointing. Again if you missed it SMALL SAMPLE 😀

You will have a more qualified opinion as a result of watching all those games, but you can’t tell me my opinion of those two games is nonsense because your opinion from the other games I haven’t watched is different.

Yes and I only saw Cundle play as an advanced player which was the complete opposite to what he was asked to do at Spurs and Newcastle.

And I saw Hodge play better than Cundle
In a couple of games. Not saying that means he’s better, just that’s what happened in those games but your bizarrely trying to tell me I didn’t see it…
It's your opinion.

I don't think I'll be taking much notice of it in the future.

Gomes is looking the opposite way to Salah, that's outside his peripheral vision, he's not a rabbit.
If you look he runs behind him, he knows he is there.
We get you don't support the team, and are constantly slagging players off, but your getting tiresome with it.

He knows exactly where he is, on a pitch as a defender on a Sunday morning you know where the attacker is, as a professional player you have more awareness.

It's not rocket science to be aware of who is where.

If you look he runs behind him, he knows he is there.
We get you don't support the team, and are constantly slagging players off, but your getting tiresome with it.

He knows exactly where he is, on a pitch as a defender on a Sunday morning you know where the attacker is, as a professional player you have more awareness.

It's not rocket science to be aware of who is where.
They don't just know, they look around to see where people are, in this instance Gomes doesn't look and thus he doesn't know.

Adult sth and member price for the replay is 20 quid all round the ground. Date still tbc, but Liverpool have the Saturday lunchtime game so likely to be Tuesday I guess unless TV means it isn't, ours is the obvious BBC game

Last edited:
What is all this decent pricing malarky about!!

Have we replaced Vinny as well?

easy win though isn't it? Julen will mean it's a sell out. By no means is the only boost he has brought to the team/squad. He's massively lifted the fans too.

i’ve not been able to post due to technical issues.

i’d just like to say thanks to Julen for making me look forward to wolves games again 🙂

I mean really you should be thanking Jeff, he went all out for him.
the decision to employ JL was made above JS head. it was actually part of the original plan.

the problem now is that JS and his pathetic inept bumbling over the last two years means we have a great manager with no base to work from.

i pray JL can turn around this Shi-poisoned season and is still in place to show us what he can do next season.

Madeley's piece today says that there was a camera where it should have been, ITV zoomed in too tight so Nunes went out of vision when Hwang's header came back to him which explains why ITV were so passive about it

It did seem odd how the the comms and studio team repeatedly said how the lino was a very experienced one, must have made the right decision...

Madeley's piece today says that there was a camera where it should have been, ITV zoomed in too tight so Nunes went out of vision when Hwang's header came back to him which explains why ITV were so passive about it

So the camera man fucked us over by accident by the sounds of it. When watching it looked like a bad price of camera work as Nunes was out of the picture.

Certainly for the VAR side of things, depends where you want to go with the ref maybe or maybe not waving at the linesman element

Back