• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

[FA Cup 4th Rnd] West Brom 0-2 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Trouble is all on Albion, FA rules state it's the home team who has responsibility for ticketing, unfortunately Albion needed a full ground so did not give a fuck who they gave tickets to, big fine coming and hopefully will fuck them.

It's not ok to leather someone cos he is in the home end, but then it's not ok to give it Billy big bollocks when your sat in the home end, you are gonna get twatted.

Trouble in the ground is disgraceful, and shows a complete lack of security by the home club.

As for the game it was easy, we never even got out of 2nd gear, good goals, no trouble at all. GON, got everything right as did the players.

Love watching the Albion Fans losing their shit with Neto, to complain about it smacks of double standards they loved it when their players were doing it to us.

1st time I wanted VAR, they would have had 2 red cards, thought the ref was shit.

Its 4488 days (2011) since they beat us at the Hawthorns..............obviously lost their shit yesterday but they are hardly Legia Warsaw! Lots of long-term bans coming shortly one would expect once WMP have trawled through CCTV.

Didnt effect Wolves fans except the alleged few sat in the home ends.

I agree, Albion need to accept they have a hooligan problem (mostly young teenage wannabees who would shit themselves given a real fight), though WMP haven't helped themselves by allowing them onto the pitch the last 2 times, and also allowed Liquidator there whilst banning it at ours. Anyone else think you could hear the Wolves over the Albion singing that yesterday? Cheap ticketing in general encourages low pond life unfortunately.

The lads who won yesterday are legends, they won a very difficult game in very difficult circumstances. Gary O'Neil is the man!

1706507665313.png

Last edited:
Albion sold to season ticket holders and members only. Their big mistake as allowing STHs to buy a second ticket without checks on who was going to be using it.

They will know the seat numbers in question where Wolves fans were allegedly sat and will have the purchase details. So some Albion fans may be taking a holiday from the ground for that.

As for the scrapping numbskulls and pitch invaders CCTV will pick them out and they can expect life bans.

Albion will get a massive fine and might get part of the ground closed as FA punishment (although that will be something the FA would have to agree with the football league as they are in charge of their league programme).

We will no doubt get whacked with something for the thrown flare, but anything beyond that I am sure we would fight vigorously as our fans bar the one that sat in home end and got twatted did nothing.

I hope we never have to play them again. The fixture is utterly toxic.

You would think CCTV will have no issue identifying those in the stand to our right. A stupid way to get a ban for many years if not for life.

It should identify the seat numbers they moved from and the the purchaser of that ticket is in the shit.

The fact this (clueless) lad got a ticket who is neither a Wolves or Albion fan (Burnley i think) says a lot about the mess they made with their ticketing policy.

Again, totally incriminates the Albion fans - although the lad blames Wolves because the scary Albion fan next to him tells him to.

"It was their fault"

5 seconds later - stuff thrown at the police from the home end

Anyway, good footage of the limbs in the away end for the goals here

"It was their fault"

5 seconds later - stuff thrown at the police from the home end

Anyway, good footage of the limbs in the away end for the goals here
All whilst singing an actual hymn.

It’s what the baby Jesus would’ve wanted.

There’s something quite different about this team and I can’t put my finger on it: whether it’s more professional, hard working or just doesn’t get phased.

Lage or Lopetegui’s Wolves wouldn’t have won so comfortably yesterday - JL would have gotten incredibly fired up I think and taken away with the atmosphere.

Not sure what it is, but it’s just… different 😂

There’s something quite different about this team and I can’t put my finger on it: whether it’s more professional, hard working or just doesn’t get phased.

Lage or Lopetegui’s Wolves wouldn’t have won so comfortably yesterday - JL would have gotten incredibly fired up I think and taken away with the atmosphere.

I agree, I had a quiet but nervous confidence about yesterday. They are defensively so solid now. Whether that stems from O'Neil I don't know. Great at counter-attacking.

I agree, I had a quiet but nervous confidence about yesterday. They are defensively so solid now. Whether that stems from O'Neil I don't know. Great at counter-attacking.

A lot of it will be the back three factor but that hasn’t stunted us in attack this season as it has so many times in the past.

We just ooze confidence and class all over the pitch now, but the “class” is when it’s needed and doesn’t lead us into trouble as the fancy flicks did so often last year. Interesting comments from O’Neil on Cunha that the talent was always there, all he has worked on is his off the ball game, and Matheus has enjoyed it so much that he has become a real leader on and off the pitch now.

Albion sold to season ticket holders and members only. Their big mistake as allowing STHs to buy a second ticket without checks on who was going to be using it.

They will know the seat numbers in question where Wolves fans were allegedly sat and will have the purchase details. So some Albion fans may be taking a holiday from the ground for that.

As for the scrapping numbskulls and pitch invaders CCTV will pick them out and they can expect life bans.

Albion will get a massive fine and might get part of the ground closed as FA punishment (although that will be something the FA would have to agree with the football league as they are in charge of their league programme).

We will no doubt get whacked with something for the thrown flare, but anything beyond that I am sure we would fight vigorously as our fans bar the one that sat in home end and got twatted did nothing.

I hope we never have to play them again. The fixture is utterly toxic.
Not sure how true this is but I was told by someone yesterday last week you could get a membership and buy a Ticket, and plenty of Wolves did.

Police have to look at themselves
When Albion had the South Bank, they did not restrict their tickets, yet we had ours restricted to less than 25%. That was always going to lead to ticketing issues.

Absolutely letting fans have an extra ticket was naive at best Stupid at worst

You couldn’t. However previous members could have bought one.

It’s 15% for cup games. Which we got and they segregated the edges of the Smethwick. There are corners in that stand that are home which was not the case when we gave them the whole South Bank.

The fact this (clueless) lad got a ticket who is neither a Wolves or Albion fan (Burnley i think) says a lot about the mess they made with their ticketing policy.

Again, totally incriminates the Albion fans - although the lad blames Wolves because the scary Albion fan next to him tells him to.

Bully hasnt played for 25 years and still living rent free :love:

Totally agree, ai said so to my pals as we were settling down to watch the game, This team have something about them

Back