• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

[FA Cup 4th Rnd] Wolves 1-0 Brighton: Verdict Thread

Personally I though Doherty had a pretty good game, The only time Estupian got in Doc played him offside. He won some aerial challenges and played out well a few times with Doyle and Sarabia second half.
Hwang was rubbish, Bellegarde was nothing at all again.
Santi did well.
Doyle m.o.m.
What was Toti thinking not taking the ball into the corner at the end? Not thinking

Personally I though Doherty had a pretty good game, The only time Estupian got in Doc played him offside. He won some aerial challenges and played out well a few times with Doyle and Sarabia second half.
Er, no.

They clearly targeted him down that side and he stopped absolutely nothing all evening. Gave up on tracking his runner multiple times, not even counting the times he gets caught miles upfield when we lose the ball and he has as much chance of getting back as Phill Jupitus.

Dreadful and stands out a mile for lack of quality. He shouldn't be getting any minutes at all but we've put ourselves in a stupid position.

Delighted to be through. Favourable draw but then Coventry fans should also feel similar compared to most of the others left and the actual last two performances, but an excellent chance now.

Worry over the injuries and depth.

Er, no.

They clearly targeted him down that side and he stopped absolutely nothing all evening. Gave up on tracking his runner multiple times, not even counting the times he gets caught miles upfield when we lose the ball and he has as much chance of getting back as Phill Jupitus.

Dreadful and stands out a mile for lack of quality. He shouldn't be getting any minutes at all but we've put ourselves in a stupid position.
Lemina got injured because of his 3rd hospital pass. So bad in possession and obviously can’t move. His one strength is winning goal kicks and Estupinian won most of them. So far below the required level.

If you'd have told me in August we'd play Brighton twice more without conceding I'd have said you've lost the plot but here we are.

Think we looked better although not fluent once Hwang went off who is rapidly joining messers Iwelumo and Bonatini as half season wonders. He's reverted to type dramatically.

Having something to defend really helped because without that gift I imagine we really struggle tonight.

Going to need to be better against Newcastle, but we'll cross that bridge at the weekend. Hopefully the injuries aren't too serious.

Listened to second half only on Wolves radio. Kilman's name wasn't mentioned til the 80th minute which I suppose tells a story.

Crowd were very loud and very persistent. Great to hear and has to help the team

We did. I was there!
Me too, me too. Doyle MOTM, Hwang our poorest. Our midfield trio did a great job. Fingers and toes crossed for Lemina and Gomes`s injuries. Have we sealed the Doyle transfer yet? FFS do it. Do not like this backs to the wall tactics. Don`t care how much support he brings to the Club, he just isn`t a very good footballer. Sorry Hwang.

If you'd have told me in August we'd play Brighton twice more without conceding I'd have said you've lost the plot but here we are.

Think we looked better although not fluent once Hwang went off who is rapidly joining messers Iwelumo and Bonatini as half season wonders. He's reverted to type dramatically.

Having something to defend really helped because without that gift I imagine we really struggle tonight.

Going to need to be better against Newcastle, but we'll cross that bridge at the weekend. Hopefully the injuries aren't too serious.
I think I saw Gomes giving Lemina a celebratory piggy back and semi squatting as he did so at the end so I am guessing his hamstring is OK.

Decent performance, particularly defensively.

Hwang was like a wall tonight, no way he was sharp and no way he is a no.9 we need to change that, although we have no choice now.

I thought Bellegarde was better than he's often been, great run for the goal and a couple of other good moments too, Lemina actually did really well to score what was an odd goal.

I don't agree with the criticism of Doherty, he was simply adequate for me, couple of misplaced passes which get magnified because of his rep, but nothing either terrible or outstanding but its not a hill I'm going to die on.

Was impressed with Kilman and Santi, and Doyle was excellent.

Sarabia showed some real niggly, battling qualities tonight too and the increase in our general quality when he and Neto came on was so obvious.

Traore still scares the shit out of me (in terms of what appears to be clumsiness), but he was fine tonight.

Not sure who the co commentator was tonight, but enjoyed her, she was pretty funny at times too.

Back