• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

[FA Cup Quarter-Final] Wolves 2-3 Coventry: Verdict Thread

The ref didn't give a free kick when Semedo attempted a Mortal Kombat finish him move so he wouldn't have given a pen for a tap on the ankle and therefore VAR wouldn't have told him he was wrong.

Another stunning idea from the Look At Me corner of the Internet. Absolute silence from 85% of the ground as we came out in a home FA Cup quarter final and I'm told ITV were on an ad break so it didn't even get shown.
Not wishing to be at Greta about it, but 27,000 plastic bags that 95% won't be used again is pretty disgusting environmentally too.

The ref didn't give a free kick when Semedo attempted a Mortal Kombat finish him move so he wouldn't have given a pen for a tap on the ankle and therefore VAR wouldn't have told him he was wrong.

The big tub of fuck was trundling nowhere, he may as well have tried. Though why change the habit of a lifetime.

It didn’t look like a foul on the replay but if the ref had given it then I don’t think VAR would have overturned it.

Yeah I still don't think he'd have got the penalty if he'd gone down, unless the ref gave it at the time.

My initial thought was he would have, but several of the replays showed it was negligible contact at best, and no way VAR would have given it had he fallen (not in our favour anyway).

Also a reminder that in 2024 I just paid actual money to watch Matt Doherty play on the left of a front three in an FA Cup quarter final.

Please stop using him Gary, he is rubbish.

By the time his contract expires (we won't be able to give him away as he's old, slow, fat, shit and lazy, on decent money) I'll have been watching him on and off for around 15 years.

Murderers get less and I haven't even done anything wrong.

By the time his contract expires (we won't be able to give him away as he's old, slow, fat, shit and lazy, on decent money) I'll have been watching him on and off for around 15 years.

Murderers get less and I haven't even done anything wrong.
Yet...

Total madness that he came on there and we put RAN into a more defensive role. Borderline insanity.
I couldn’t believe I was seeing this myself. To be honest I’ve been pretty depressed since the final whistle and I’m only getting to the point of comment now, and it’s all already been said. However, this one stuck out for me, what possible reason was there for it? We had plenty of non-options, but in this case there were a couple of ways we could have got RAN further up. We went for the one where we dragged him back AND introduced Doc. Just shit.

He has put Doc up front before this season.

V Chelsea at home he had an odd free role. Guess they think his best attributes are in a non defensive way.

For reference, Matt Doherty's league starts since we somehow sold him:

2020/21 (Tottenham): 13
2021/22 (Tottenham): 9
2022/23 (Tottenham): 7
2022/23 (Atletico Madrid): 0
2023/24 (Wolves): 3

What a fucking con job of a career.

V Chelsea at home he had an odd free role. Guess they think his best attributes are in a non defensive way.
This is a bit like me in fairness. On the old Ice Hockey team my best attributes are also in a non defensive way. Also, I can’t ice skate. Incredible it’s my actual job.

There were a fair few advocating it in the matchday thread (mostly in a jokey we've been awful going forward type way) myself included, as Fraser was so ineffective. Had he put any discernable effort in when he came on you could have kinda condoned it, but he was as feckless and lazy as he often is. You can see why Bueno has been so furious every time O'Neil has put him on in front of him the last few months.

Back