• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

[FA Cup Quarter-Final] Wolves 2-3 Coventry: Verdict Thread

I think the football gods have decided Deutsch needs an angry football side to keep him sane, so with that in mind.

The year 2032:

Wolves have announced Matt Doherty as their new manager.. After leading Morecambe to 15th in the National Conference, Wolves owner, CEO, Commercial Manager, Head Scout and head of Wolves e-Sports was delighted to have got his man beating Oxford City to his signature.

Wolves have announced Matt Doherty as their new manager.. After leading Morecambe to 15th in the National Conference, Wolves owner, CEO, Commercial Manager, Head Scout and head of Wolves e-Sports was delighted to have got his man beating Oxford City to his signature.
What division are Wolves in this scenario?

I've actively despised him for the last ten years too, ever since his debut really (although he was clearly out of his depth in that game so not his fault). He basically seems to have the same attitude I do to my job, except alas I'm not getting paid thousands of pounds for the privilege of not giving two fucks.

Yeah I still don't think he'd have got the penalty if he'd gone down, unless the ref gave it at the time.

My initial thought was he would have, but several of the replays showed it was negligible contact at best, and no way VAR would have given it had he fallen (not in our favour anyway).
You’re right, Unlike some cheating bastards he doesn’t have it in him to have his heel clipped and be able to arch his foot, stub his foot on the ground and go over like he’s poleaxed.
There again, running like a bow legged chicken doesn’t help 😕

He should still have gone down and tried his luck

There again, running like a bow legged chicken doesn’t help 😕
It's a good description but you went too far with "running".

These days he seems to be going for a Thomas Müller "Raumdeuter" vibe where he has no actual position. But without all the ability of Thomas Müller.

He did score.

Would you play him sort of up front though? I think we could use his wages better on an actual forward to be honest if that's the idea. He isn't a viable wing back now is he? And he wasn't an acceptable full back 10 years ago in League One.

He did score.

Would you play him sort of up front though? I think we could use his wages better on an actual forward to be honest if that's the idea. He isn't a viable wing back now is he? And he wasn't an acceptable full back 10 years ago in League One.
I'd play him there over Fraser if Fraser was to continue performing like he did yesterday. Which just shows how ridiculous the situation we are in.

An excellent use of £100k+ a month, someone who is allegedly a defender and has never scored more than 4 league goals a season in a 10+ year career playing up front.
You need therapy over Doherty, it's ridiculous how much he winds you up.

He doesn’t get back anyway tbf, fuck knows where’s he’s actually supposed to play the lazy fucker.

I'd play him there over Fraser if Fraser was to continue performing like he did yesterday. Which just shows how ridiculous the situation we are in.
You aren't doing this, but I feel for Fraser, x,y and z are better than him must be awful for his confidence and it's not his fault he's been shafted to the degree that some will wonder if he'll ever be good enough. He's slow and weak, the same issues Fabio had (and still does) at the same age. He showed in his earlier appearances that he can finish though, we just don't play in a style that suits that penalty box finisher and when we do, we ignore him, Semedo a classic example in the first half yesterday when he was stood unmarked 8 yards out for a pull back. Chiwome showed he has more of the attributes we need in this side and should be ahead of him and Doherty for that role now, with Cunha back for Villa hopefully that should be from the bench

Basically all Fraser did yesterday was wrestle with experienced CBs for most of the game. A couple of easy passes to him to either move the ball on or have a shot would surely have been more beneficial for him and the team, must have been heartbreaking for him to be bypassed like that, poor by his team mates and poor by GON for not making sure he was more involved.
As TT says, Chiwome looks a better bet for the way we play.

He doesn’t get back anyway tbf, fuck knows where’s he’s actually supposed to play the lazy fucker.
That's what pisses me off the most. Like you can forgive him being slow, some people just are, no matter what. But being *so* unfit is just an insult to the game. With the facilities, time and resources he has available to him, being that unfit is criminal

We'd have got Utd. Not impossible, adds to the shitiness

All set for another Manc final 2 years on the trott.

Back