• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fixtures..

Bastards, was going to go to the Huddersfield game. Might actually make it to QPR on the Wednesday though.

Hull at home was always going to change IMO.

Could be worse though, Leeds have had their first 6 fixtures of the season moved.

As a new member of Sofa Squad on Match Day - I am delighted at this news.

Fucking hell. QPR out of the window for me. Tuesday was fine. Wednesday not possible that week. Fuck off sky.

Ha! I was going to miss the Hull match as I'm away that weekend for a family getaway - which will now feature a visit to an establishment with numerous large TV screens....

Huddersfield game is my birthday. I was going to go. Might now consider a celebration in a drinking establishment.

Will see how I feel nearer the time.

I literally just pencilled in the Hull game at work this morning. 12:00 Sunday aint gonna work for me...

The Sunday fixture for me is great and so is the Wednesday i think. The 12:30 Saturday KO not so much. Got a season ticket this year due to work hours being better and can't wait for the season the start but hoping we don't have any more fixtures moved to dinner time kick offs on Saturday.

Fucking annoying both home games as well, Sunday lunch kick offs are about as dull as dish water. Looks like my first game won't be until September.

We are on telly now away at Cardiff on the 22nd of Augsust! 5.15pm KO.

Fulham away moved to Wednesday 16th September.

They don't put Championship games on TV in midweek. It's because Fulham are playing Blackburn on the preceding Sunday, same as our home game vs QPR has been moved.

Ah no it's because Fulham are on TV on the Sunday before.

EDIT - ^ wot he said.

Sweet. Will make sure in in London for that one!

Would it hurt the FL to make the police/sky privy to the fixtures before they are published and that way the alterations can be made first? Just seems daft.

Would it hurt the FL to make the police/sky privy to the fixtures before they are published and that way the alterations can be made first? Just seems daft.

Exactly. People will have started booking trains etc as soon as the first batch of Sky games come out, fiddling about with them now will have screwed a few over.

I'm not sure what's happened this season, last year on the same day that the fixtures were announced our game vs Norwich got moved and the Reading/Derby games (much later in the calendar) followed shortly after. This year there's been a significant delay in sorting out the TV fixtures, I don't know why.

Exactly. People will have started booking trains etc as soon as the first batch of Sky games come out, fiddling about with them now will have screwed a few over.

Indeed, and you can hardly leave train fares a few days or a week because they're so likely to jump up.

Back