• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Forest fan in peace

lovinfeelin

Reaction score
Unlucky last night - think you edged the game over the course of 90 minutes. The penalties were fun; loved the banter with MGW and the Wolves fans. Thought the Wolves fans were in good voice throughout the game, and definitely up there with the best compared to some of the other teams who've visited the City Ground (Crystal Palace, Liverpool, Chelsea were terrible and hardly made any noise).

Good luck for the rest of the season, I think it'll be a close one, but you seem to have turned things round with your new man in the dugout. Bournemouth and Southampton will struggle and I hope Lampard stays at Everton for as long as possible! Hope you beat the scousers in the cup relay, absolutely scandalous decision that your third goal was disallowed, but that's why its called LiVARpool.

Welcome along. It's always nice to see ourselves as others see us. We were hard done by with the non-penalty on Nunes but, then again, we might have easily conceded one for Kilman's accidental handball if it had been seen. We had the better chances and should have put one of them to bed, so can't complain too much. Looked as though Henderson was practically on the penalty spot before Hodge took his spot kick, but Scott was never going to be strong enough to overturn a winning save. We've a way to go yet, but Lopetegui has made a massive difference and a few new faces should see us OK. (Not sure your owner's supermarket sweep last summer was the best way to go, though I wish we hadn't put Boly in the trolley.) I'd definitely rather be us than you at the moment. Good luck for the season (as long as you finish lower than we do) ;).

Got to be honest, I'd be quite worried if I was a forest fan. We were very poor for 70% of that game and still created 3 very good chances that should have been converted. However we didn't and then paid the price in a penalty shootout, win some you lose some.

Welcome along. It's always nice to see ourselves as others see us. We were hard done by with the non-penalty on Nunes but, then again, we might have easily conceded one for Kilman's accidental handball if it had been seen. We had the better chances and should have put one of them to bed, so can't complain too much. Looked as though Henderson was practically on the penalty spot before Hodge took his spot kick, but Scott was never going to be strong enough to overturn a winning save. We've a way to go yet, but Lopetegui has made a massive difference and a few new faces should see us OK. (Not sure your owner's supermarket sweep last summer was the best way to go, though I wish we hadn't put Boly in the trolley.) I'd definitely rather be us than you at the moment. Good luck for the season (as long as you finish lower than we do) ;).
We got away with the non-penalty, can't believe the ref didn't give that. I'd take finishing one place below you, if you finish 16th!! From what I've seen of Lopetegui, he seems to live every pass and tackle and that's the kind of manager you need, he's fully engrossed in the whole match.

It's interesting that the media have hyped up Forests summer business and whilst I think we did go a little OTT, the Championship team that got us promoted contained several loan players who returned to their parent clubs, so there was a need to bolster the team. The problem with signing so many players meant we signed a lot of dross in addition to the quality signings.

Got to be honest, I'd be quite worried if I was a forest fan. We were very poor for 70% of that game and still created 3 very good chances that should have been converted. However we didn't and then paid the price in a penalty shootout, win some you lose some.
Trust me - the worry is real!! Having only witnessed Championship/League One football in my life time, my nervous approach to this season has been to ask... Are there 3 teams worse than Forest? From what I've seen of your recent performances, your're no longer in my '3 worst teams' category, which is worrying!

Everton are a very poor side and it looks like they are short of January funds to improve.
Palace have a truly horrific next five games. It will be interesting to see where they are after that.
Bournemouth new manager bounce now appears to be a bit dead cat.
Southampton had a great night last night but have been awful.
Leeds aren’t particularly great either.

You can take heart in the fact that the bottom of the league is no great shakes this season

Think Southampton and Everton are currently the 2 worst sides, then it's down to us, you, West Ham and Bournmouth. I'm hoping Leeds get sucked back in to the mix too.
It's gunna be nail biting till the end I think.

Back