• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fulham (A) build up 29/9

Lycan

Jeff Shi's Bitch
Reaction score
Fair play to anybody going to this. You never know I suppose...

Martinez

Iorfa Batth(c) Hause Golbourne

McDonald Price

Byrne Wallace Henry

le Fondre​

Another bad performance at Craven Cottage may poison the atmosphere for the Huddersfield match. This is a MUST win for Kenny and for the sake of the confidence of the team. A draw will suffice but a loss will, I think, bring the doubt about Kenny's ability to stop the rot to the fore. Keep the Mac/Price partnership in midfield. Christ knows who should play up front - it's not very inspiring! 3 points, pretty please!

Watched about 30 mins of Fulham v QPR on Friday night. Sadly if Fulham play with that intensity and pace they'll be far too good for us.

is Afobe injured? I think there is no chance on earth he won't be in the team if not.

It's funny how quickly people seem to be turning on him, mind.

Byrne in for van la Parra and that would be it for me.

I don't think people are turning on Afobe at all but like everyone else he has to throw a performance in. He being our stand out player has much resting on him. VLP v Byrne? Tbf they have both looked hopeless but Byrne should get the nod as he has looked hopeless less.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

is Afobe injured? I think there is no chance on earth he won't be in the team if not.

le Fondre has more about him atm. I'm not pleased with either of them tbh.

Dropping Afobe might be the boost he needs to get back to his best, he's half the player he was last year.

Forgot to put Ojo in the team, I'd have him in instead of Wallace with Henry or Byrne moved inside.

You have to say ALF is pushing Afobe hard for a place.

That said though, I agree. Just the Byrne for RVLP change for me.

Don't want us to be changing around too much. We really have to settle down on a system and having 8-9 players nailed on where possible.

----------------------Martinez--------------------

Iorfa----------Batth----------Hause---------Golbourne

-------------Price----------McDonald---------------

------Byrne-----------Wallace----------Henry---------

------------------------Afobe---------------------------

2014/15: W 3-0 (H), W 1-0 (A), D 0-0 (A, FAC), D 3-3 (H, FAC)
2011/12: W 2-0 (H), L 0-5 (A)
2010/11: D 1-1 (H), L 1-2 (A)
2009/10: W 2-1 (H), D 0-0 (A)
2003/4: W 2-1 (H), D 0-0 (A)
2000/1: D 0-0 (H), L 0-2 (A), L 2-3 (A, LC)
1999/0: W 3-0 (H), W 1-0 (A)
1997/8: W 1-0 (A, LC), W 1-0 (H, LC)
1995/6: W 5-1 (A, LC), W 2-0 (H, LC)

Don't want us to be changing around too much. We really have to settle down on a system and having 8-9 players nailed on where possible.

----------------------Martinez--------------------

Iorfa----------Batth----------Hause---------Golbourne

-------------Price----------McDonald---------------

------Byrne-----------Wallace----------Henry---------

------------------------Afobe---------------------------

2014/15: W 3-0 (H), W 1-0 (A), D 0-0 (A, FAC), D 3-3 (H, FAC)
2011/12: W 2-0 (H), L 0-5 (A)
2010/11: D 1-1 (H), L 1-2 (A)
2009/10: W 2-1 (H), D 0-0 (A)
2003/4: W 2-1 (H), D 0-0 (A)
2000/1: D 0-0 (H), L 0-2 (A), L 2-3 (A, LC)
1999/0: W 3-0 (H), W 1-0 (A)
1997/8: W 1-0 (A, LC), W 1-0 (H, LC)
1995/6: W 5-1 (A, LC), W 2-0 (H, LC)

Pretty much agree with that team Deutsch, we really need some stability to breed some familiarity in the side. Getting the attacking players to understand each others movement will mean we can start to score goals.

Pretty much agree with that team Deutsch, we really need some stability to breed some familiarity in the side. Getting the attacking players to understand each others movement will mean we can start to score goals.

Never get this sort of argument for keeping a regular starting 11, it's not like they're playing Sunday league where matchday is the only time they play together, they spend far more time on the training ground throughout the week where these sorts of relationships should be established and honed, an extra hour and half a week on top of that isn't really going to make that much difference.

Never get this sort of argument for keeping a regular starting 11, it's not like they're playing Sunday league where matchday is the only time they play together, they spend far more time on the training ground throughout the week where these sorts of relationships should be established and honed, an extra hour and half a week on top of that isn't really going to make that much difference.

It's about understanding what players are going to do in a pressure environment, predicting when someone will release a ball or make a run. This doesn't necessarily become apparant in a training situation.

Imo much of the early season form is due to unsettled formations and players.

This doesn't mean that I would always play Dave Edwards though!

@ MARKakaJIM I should also have said it's about breeding some confidence in the players. By letting them know that he manager believes in them instead of constant rotation I believe the players will respond and we will get results quicker!

The 4-2-3-1 sounded terrible creativity wise on Saturday while we had 11 v 11. Also Afobe needs a partner.

4-4-2 with ALF up top, McDonald and Price/Coady, Ojo/Henry/Byrne/Wallace wide.

I don't think Afobe can play the lone striker like Dicko could. Definitely needs a partner up front with him

It's about understanding what players are going to do in a pressure environment, predicting when someone will release a ball or make a run. This doesn't necessarily become apparant in a training situation.

Imo much of the early season form is due to unsettled formations and players.

This doesn't mean that I would always play Dave Edwards though!

Still doesn't cut it for me.

They're professionals so it shouldn't be a case of doing one thing in training then bottling all the fancy stuff when it comes to a matchday and doing everything differently, training should be preparation for the games, not a chance to play fancy buggers with your mates and then do something completely different when it matters. There should be enough opportunity in training for players to do things in a proper match setting so they've chance to get used to different players' preferences, build relationships and become comfortable with what's expected of them both from the manager and their team mates.

@ MARKakaJIM I should also have said it's about breeding some confidence in the players. By letting them know that he manager believes in them instead of constant rotation I believe the players will respond and we will get results quicker!

This I can agree on though, it's one thing to keep players on their toes with the odd change here and there when people appear to be underperforming or whatever but the constant, seemingly random, changes like Jackett has exhibited so far this season aren't going to do anything positive for anyone, no-one knows if they're coming or going. RVLP has gone for nearly being shipped out to starting ahead of a summer signing in the space of a few games, perhaps he has really thrown himself into it since the transfer fell through to justify it but just seems a little bizaree, must be confusing for Byrne at least to find himself behind someone who was supposedly unwanted just a few weeks ago.

Still doesn't cut it for me.

They're professionals so it shouldn't be a case of doing one thing in training then bottling all the fancy stuff when it comes to a matchday and doing everything differently, training should be preparation for the games, not a chance to play fancy buggers with your mates and then do something completely different when it matters. There should be enough opportunity in training for players to do things in a proper match setting so they've chance to get used to different players' preferences, build relationships and become comfortable with what's expected of them both from the manager and their team mates.

This I can agree on though, it's one thing to keep players on their toes with the odd change here and there when people appear to be underperforming or whatever but the constant, seemingly random, changes like Jackett has exhibited so far this season aren't going to do anything positive for anyone, no-one knows if they're coming or going. RVLP has gone for nearly being shipped out to starting ahead of a summer signing in the space of a few games, perhaps he has really thrown himself into it since the transfer fell through to justify it but just seems a little bizaree, must be confusing for Byrne at least to find himself behind someone who was supposedly unwanted just a few weeks ago.

My Fantasy team doesn't agree with me maintaining faith in players either!!

The player lotto must have had an affect on confidence, RVLP being the most strange! He's not the greatest player but not knowing if he is a first teamer or leaving the club can't have been good for a young player looking to improve on last season.

It's symptomatic of a manager not having a clue what his best team, formation of style is.

Which is terrible management considering he's built the entire squad

I'd go with this I think:

Martinez

Iorfa - Batth - EEL - Hause

Henry - Price - McDonald - Ojo

ALF - Afobe

Nothing to do with the formation re creativity, we haven't been creating anything for the whole season so far.

Back