• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Home v Huddersfield 25.11.18

Banjo

Reaction score
Morning all. I can't go to this game but I am eligible today to buy two tickets if anyone wants me to buy tickets for them. There are still a lot of tickets in the NB quadrant plus a few here and there in the BW Lower. Obvs my vested interest is to keep topping up my loyalty points.

Morning! I might have one off you again, just checking with my old man

Yes I will take one if that ok. Will drop you a PM now. Thanks very much

Two numbers should be available here also if they are wanted.

I'd make one change for this, Jota for Jimenez. Assuming he plays against Argentina in the early hours of Wednesday morning than he'll get back to us on Friday. Watford was far and away his worst game of the season and like many of the other PL teams with players in South America we need to take the travelling into account.

We've got the extra day this time I suppose.

If he were genuinely unable to play then I think we'd actually go with Traore up front.

I suppose the day may make a difference, so I guess that's down to Nuno and the medical staff. Traore down the middle was a smart move on Sunday when we were looking to play on the break and they were over commiting. I can't see that working against a Huddersfield team who will sit deep and put 10 men behind the ball. He doesn't have either the touch or reading of the game to play that role.

We shouldn't be playing v Huddersfield the same way we were v Arsenal in the second half when Traore up the middle was beneficial - if Jiminez is not ready then would be inclined to put a three out with Jota - Cav - Costa up front initially

I didn't say it was a good idea. You know my thoughts on our record signing.

I said it's what I think we'll do if Raul can't play properly.

Could easily live with him playing there - it's Huddersfield & we are at home.

We should win (that's not a prediction or a certainty either)

Indeed, he has a clear role to play for us and it's when the game is stretched because the opposition is looking to score. He can assist us in killing the game off or getting a winner depending on the opponents mindset. Whether you spend that amount of money for an impact player in the first place is irrelevant now as we have. I just can't see a league game, injuries aside when I'd start him.

If Raúl isn't ready we'll go Cavaleiro Jota Costa IMO.

Jimenez didn't even make the bench last night so hopefully he was released early uninjured.

it was stated previously that he'd only play the one match.

Think he is already back in the UK and came home after their first game. So no issues with him being knackered this time around

https://www.wolves.co.uk/news/first-team/20181122-quiz-wolves-v-huddersfield/

18/18

giphy.gif

17/18 - Missed a defender

Who was not a bloody defender - not for us anyway

5-0 I reckon, you boys just have to turn up don't you?

Back