• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Huddersfield 1-0 Wolves: The Verdict

Huddersfield 1 v 0 Wolves: The Verdict Thread

First defeat of the season thanks to our old mate Rajiv, and probably a lot to do with our starting midfield.

Fire away...

I'm hoping it's as simple as Rome wasn't built in a day but most people must have had doubts before a ball had been kicked when the starting line up was announced. They do say things come in threes - one same shite looking midfield, two get beat with a has been (mostly has not) scoring against us and we all know what happens to us after an international break (disclaimer - someone will now post statistics showing we haven't lost for a million years first game back) ;)

I blame Deutsch for his old players don't score against us preview. <br />
<br />
As for RVLP typical of the spineless, half arsed cunt to try today. Just emphasizes what a lazy twat he was whilst here.<br />
Started first season well, then lost interest, went to Brighton and tried, came back and tried for a couple of games and then lost interest again, done little whilst at Huddersfield, but they play us and unsurprisingly he tries. He has the talent to be a decent Championship player but not the backbone.

First game of season for me. Fair few positives to take. Poor first half and not entirely sure on the selection. Midfield 3 were ran through far to easily in first 45 with only price being noticed. We need to sort out the defence, iorfa bath combination does not work for me and Iorfa doesn't fill me with confidence at the back. That being said neither does Batth. Looked good second half and if Jon scores that header we probably go on and win the game. Quality save from their keeper. Promising start to the season

Fluidity in formation is fine, but we need to change the starting personnel to do this seamlessly. 433 with Mason and Wallace as the narrow width is fine. 442 with Saville as a left winger and Wallace as a right isn't. Get Costa, Graham and Dicko on the pitch and it will be more natural

From what i have read we didn't start well again today and we need to stop that happening, you can't afford to only play well for one half. I think Zenga can take a bit of criticism today because that midfield should never be picked imo but he'd got pretty much everything right up to now. I don't agree with dropping Hause either but i think i'm in the minority with that one.

Having seen the highlights, Batth massively at fault for the goal. He tries to spin to get the ball on his right foot for some reason when he could clear it with is left, i think Hause clears that with his dominant foot. Mason fell asleep and let VLP walk past him, trust him to score. Had some great chances in the second half, mainly Bod's header which was superbly saved and Prince's overhead kick which was only just wide and one he arguably should have done better with.

Overall going in to the international break i think it's been a positive start to the season and much better than last year already even with this loss but it does show we need the new players to be fit and to start winning places in the side. Players like Edwards should not be starting anymore.

This team is a long way from perfect and I guess today showed that last years team isn't nearly good enough, not that we didn't already know this. I hope never to see Edwards, Doherty, Coady and Saville in the same starting XI again this season.

When is Edwards' contract up?

End of the season along with Ikeme, Batth, Saville, EEL, Deslandes and Williamson.

Having seen the highlights, Batth massively at fault for the goal. He tries to spin to get the ball on his right foot for some reason when he could clear it with is left, i think Hause clears that with his dominant foot. Mason fell asleep and let VLP walk past him, trust him to score.

I think this is a fair assessment of the goal. It's clumsy from Danny and there should never have been a chance in the first place. They were a bit lucky with the angle of the ball coming back out which seemed a touch freakish, looked like it should have hit the outside of the post by rights and bounced away rather than back into the middle of the goalmouth.

Out of those wouldn't surprise me if only Deslandes and Batth are renewed

That save from Bod is top notch. The difference is that at least we have a go now. The new players will settle and play a bigger part I'm sure and with Saiss and a few others we should have a squad capable of being in and around the top 6. If we are up there come January I would expect a few quality additions to push top 2. It's always disappointing to lose but at least this season there is more than a glimmer of hope ahead.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Apparently one of their players - Mooy - completed more passes [79] than our entire midfield

Apparently one of their players - Mooy - completed more passes [79] than our entire midfield

On my way back from my hols and just catching up... my goodness, that starting midfielder 3 :yikes:
Hopefully we won't see that happen again

Watching the highlights we certainly should have equalised. Was it Wallace who sat VLP down? Also looked quicker than him too, I hate the prick.

Bod and Prince have to be finishing those. Doherty looked dangerous again. Hopefully Prince and Saiss can bring the quality to the midfield that we need because we really aren't far away.

Yeah, do feel like once we get the midfield right we can go up another gear. I like Zenga's idea of a 4-3-3, with the forward interchangeable, just need to be stronger in the middle which clearly we are addressing.

Shame about another slow start in an away game but even then it still feels much better than last season (high bar I know). Good break now to assess and build on a solid start

No Tex no show.

Bad result but there's a lot of time. Zenga needs to start building his XI.

I just hope he can get the midfield sorted and up to speed over the international break, we can't keep not turning for 45 minutes then giving the new boys a half or less to rescue it. Dave Edwards should never pull on a Wolves shirt again, nothing against him personally but on a footballing level he offers absolutely fuck all.

Back