• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Huddersfield (A) build up 20/2/16

I haven't seen the goals other than live. From what I saw first was a good move and we made them look like Barcelona. Second was a howler from Ikeme and Batth?

It was a low bar but if Doherty played like Iorfa he'd be getting pelters. Iorfa has physically power to get him out of trouble and was still getting torn a new one.

Doherty looked more comfortable in possession than any other player on the pitch (on his weaker side) and was pretty useful with it.

But yes defensively he is quite poor. Him and Iorfa are both reactionary rather than being aware. But Iorfa is helped by his physical capabilities, not too dissimilar to Zubar.

Good defenders smell the danger early, with Doherty the game just seems to pass him by, its like he's on a parallel universe. Never a defender in a million years.

He was the best of the defensive four yesterday which says an awful lot

If Iorfa is going to have a rest who comes in? Rowe at left back and Doherty right back, can't see that being much better than carrying on with Iorfa.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Jackett said Deslandes was ready a couple of weeks ago (after we failed to sign any left backs of course) so if this is the case I'd like to see him brought in

Jackett says a lot of things I wouldn't take at face value. I saw Deslandes once in the cup and he looked good a bit raw but would be worth a go, nothing to lose now. Not gonna happen though. I imagine when Hause is back he'll revert to that left back roll, but no idea on time scale for his return. Spose we will have another killer injury headline tomorrow, hope Henry's injury is just a knock.

Spose we will have another killer injury headline tomorrow, hope Henry's injury is just a knock.

It's his hamstring but as yet we don't know the extent or timescale of the injury

Ah not great news then.

Fortnight or a month then. Usually.

First task in hand to restore some spirit is to bomb out players who don't want to be there and also players who cannot be better than they are and look averse to the pressure which means they cannot even maintain their own standard.

Ikeme, VLP, Henry and Siggy.

Think Danny is useful if he can regain some form but he's on a tightrope one would think.

I can accept defeat but get some of the youngsters in and give them a chance in this dreadful league.

Senior players like Danny and Mac need to rally them - they need to LEAD. At least get them smiling and playing without fear.

Change is necessary.

I fear until Williamson returns there is very little leadership in that squad.

When is Williamson due back?

Not that it makes much difference now after our esteemed Head Coach has ruined our season.

nobody nows, i do hope he is powerful enough because he is a new signing, so maybe he will be loaned out

When is Williamson due back?

Not that it makes much difference now after our esteemed Head Coach has ruined our season.

Supposed to be almost there, but will probably be given 3 U21 games to prove his fitness - so expect to see him mid March

When he is fit Kenny will just put him on the bench or loan him to millwall anyway.

When will the huge improvement start that we were guaranteed by some on ‘ere as soon as Edwards is out of the team?

New scapegoat required?

Back