• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

I’m Off

It is...but they are not 3 hours away

Looking forward to stalking Kenny again this weekend as I head over to Market Drayton, will follow those signs for Devon

You know when Kenny's visiting Wolverhampton the place stinks of gingerbread.

Hello my glorious old gold fuckers. I’m in the house with truly hideous jet lag combined with vicious food poisoning (thanks Etihad) and it rained when I got it into Brisbane.

Our kid was pleased, saying he desperately needs the water. Grumble, grumble, bah humbug. Still a very pleasant 27 degrees though.

A sage word of advice. Never do Abu Dhabi, Melbourne and back on yourself to a different internal destination. That extra thousand mile flight makes it feel like doing Auckland and having the huge 14 leg in the middle is a killer. Much better to pay a couple of hundred dollars more and do Dubai Singapore Brisbane with three even eight hour trips. The jet lag is way less that way

I usually fly Cathay Manchester to Sydney via Hong Kong (50 mins transfer at HK) total travel time 23 hours. The crucial bit for me is arrival time in Sydney - 20:30 which means you get to bed at night enabling you to get into day/night body clock quickly and it negates any serious jet lag.

I always thought via Singapore was the standard for those flights. Then just sit in the transfer lounge waiting for your flight to Oz. Its supposed to be really nice in that transfer lounge with plenty of stuff to do there as well.

Get us some pics up Pad of the surrounding views.

I always thought via Singapore was the standard for those flights. Then just sit in the transfer lounge waiting for your flight to Oz. Its supposed to be really nice in that transfer lounge with plenty of stuff to do there as well.
Singapore Changi is the best airport I've ever been to. Well laid out, loads to see/do/eat and beautiful features everywhere you go. Before we returned home from Bali, we arrived an extra 2hrs early to Changi just to hang out and take it in. The Rain Vortex is hard to describe, it is truly magnificent

Singapore-Jewel.jpg

When I worked in Indonesia (Jakarta) I went with Singapore Airlines which was a brilliant experience, with metal knives and forks and proper plates fill with proper food, and (of course) that went via Singapore. Which if I recall was built in a straight line and a little monorail train buzzed along picking you up and dropping you off at all the gates.
Could see that being implemented at Dublin! Where if you're flying Ryanair you fucking well walk to Kildare before you find the gates!

Get us some pics up Pad of the surrounding views.
If you fly Singapore Airlines there is a super rooftop bar on their terminal called Harry’s.

You can do one stop trip via Dubai, Bahrain, Abu Dhabi, Singapore, Tokyo, HK and Bangkok that I can think of.

And Perth if you’re a masochist.

20 hours to Perth followed by six hour internal to Brisbane. Or 14 to Singapore followed by 8 to Brisbane. Tough choice.

Fucking hell im going to have to give up smoking. 25 B&H Silver (not even the Gold that I prefer) a bargain at $67.50
Do it, you don't want to end up a wheezy asthmatic like me, trust me !!!

Fucking hell im going to have to give up smoking. 25 B&H Silver (not even the Gold that I prefer) a bargain at $67.50
Is that standard across the board or just because they are imported or something?

Back