• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2020 transfer window

Is Jarrod Bowen worth consideration? Another two today.

Is Jarrod Bowen worth consideration? Another two today.

Some like him, some don't

Risk is always great championship players don't always make the step up

I think he's got what it takes though

Eze got 2 today too.

I suspect Olmo won't be feasible for us now.

I am not so sure. We would have to pay a fortune, but I think we could get him if we paid for it. That's the level we are trying to be at.

The one who is now out of our range is Dias. That new contract has put the release clause too rich for us in my view. It makes the £57m summer option look like an opportunity missed.

Olmo has played CL and is being touted for the biggest European clubs, of course you'd go for him if you could

And we'd be in with a shout, we're a very attractive proposition these days.

Bowen has only played in Championship but players like Redmond, Maddison, Demari Gray and now Tammy Abraham have shown that the gap to the PL can be crossed. Definitely worthy of attention, he clearly knows how to finish. Olmo would obviously be preferable but the price will reflect that.

Hull would demand stupid money for Bowen. £40m+

I’d hope most of our team had already proven that the gap can be crossed.

Listening to Nuno's comments pre-Brighton seems fairly certain that some players are coming in. Eze and Olmo are 21, Bowen is 22 so all the right profile.

From what I've seen of Olmo, in particular two legs of CL qualifiers against Rosenborg, he's not ready to make a difference in the PL just yet. Thought he struggled a bit when getting bullied against a high pressing team. One for the future perhaps but I am not sure he would be much more effective than say Neto in the short term. Should we prioritise £30-40m plus for one for the future at this point?

Well sir, you live up to your username.

He's dynamite on the ball. That's enough for me.

As for defenders I agree that Donck looks promising in that role and he is only likely to improve with age as he bulks up a bit. Unless someone of serious quality - in the Dias bracket, though I don't know too much about him personally - I would be very content to keep going with what we've got.

If so, perhaps even if we bring in another defender, we would need a cm with some creative skills to compete with Mou (good luck!) and as back up. Sander Berge from Genk would be quality - big guy with a good pass who can also move the ball forward very well. Apparently he turned down Brighton and perhaps Sheff Utd in the summer, but we should be more attractive.

Another forward wouldn't do any harm either, but that would mean fewer chances for Cutrone and Neto - unsure if we really need another one up front.

Back