• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2020 transfer window

He looks promising but would need time to get up to speed over here. I am only questioning whether that is where we should spend most or all of our budget right now. But if he is as good as people seem to think, perhaps we should?

Looks like the world and his wife wants to sign Sander Berge

Looks like the world and his wife wants to sign Sander Berge

He looks like he has all the requirements of a top class old fashioned cm to be fair. He is apparently very ready to move on and would probably be available for £25m tops, including add ons. I've watched him a lot for Norway and a bit in the CL. He plays more of a holding cdm for the national team for tactical reasons, wich he does well, but rrally comes alive when given the licence to move the ball forward. I think he could be a very good fit as one of our two in the middle.

As for defenders I agree that Donck looks promising in that role and he is only likely to improve with age as he bulks up a bit. Unless someone of serious quality - in the Dias bracket, though I don't know too much about him personally - I would be very content to keep going with what we've got.

If so, perhaps even if we bring in another defender, we would need a cm with some creative skills to compete with Mou (good luck!) and as back up. Sander Berge from Genk would be quality - big guy with a good pass who can also move the ball forward very well. Apparently he turned down Brighton and perhaps Sheff Utd in the summer, but we should be more attractive.

Another forward wouldn't do any harm either, but that would mean fewer chances for Cutrone and Neto - unsure if we really need another one up front.

We need a defender, midfielder and a forward - ideally better than those they will replace. There are better defenders than Donk, Saiss and Bennett so that isn’t a big ask. Finding a better midfielder than Moutinho or Neves is a harder ask but a player at least as good so rotation doesn’t weaken us is realistic. Forwards are a big ask but someone like Traore on the left would be ideal, especially if they could play left or right.

It will take a significant amount of money...but that’s what it will take to kick on.

We need a defender, midfielder and a forward - ideally better than those they will replace. There are better defenders than Donk, Saiss and Bennett so that isn’t a big ask. Finding a better midfielder than Moutinho or Neves is a harder ask but a player at least as good so rotation doesn’t weaken us is realistic. Forwards are a big ask but someone like Traore on the left would be ideal, especially if they could play left or right.

It will take a significant amount of money...but that’s what it will take to kick on.

If Donck has the potential to be a really good defender though he needs to actually get the chance to play. In my view it's about finding the balance between developing players and buying direct upgrades. I highly doubt we will be spending £50 + this window, and if we want more than one clear upgrade at least one of those will need to be an experienced, older player. We don't have unlimited resources (at least mr Shi has given us no proof of that being the case), we'll need to prioritise and one way of doing that could be taking a chance of develooing Donck into someone we couldn't necesssarily affird to buy ready made.

If Donck has the potential to be a really good defender though he needs to actually get the chance to play. In my view it's about finding the balance between developing players and buying direct upgrades. I highly doubt we will be spending £50 + this window, and if we want more than one clear upgrade at least one of those will need to be an experienced, older player. We don't have unlimited resources (at least mr Shi has given us no proof of that being the case), we'll need to prioritise and one way of doing that could be taking a chance of develooing Donck into someone we couldn't necesssarily affird to buy ready made.

I think we might spend more than 50 quid...

Yetton Mgamba? All over Twitter that we're at the head of the queue. Currently plays for Bidco United. Or it could be a complete spoof

Plenty of links on Twitter to Boubakar Soumare. But apparently going to Spurs or Man United. WE supposedly bid €50m

You need to stop reading twitter, particularly complete random ones

Dead excited to have another transfer window full of people dragging tweets from literal nobodies in here. Went really well last time.

Talkshite saying Everton should go for Jiminez in January

Back