• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2020 transfer window

Oh, I have tons of things that I've banged on about forever. Mark Rankine 1995 for a start.

But Saunders is the only one where I called it right away and told people that they'd been daft. It didn't feel good, but these were exceptional circumstances.

I know, I know, now i am unemployed I have time to dredge back, on here. to 2013 to relive your anger :)

I hate this "depth" talk btw. We don't want tons of players sitting around at Compton doing nothing in case the sky falls in. We've made this abundantly clear.

Senior players positionally that we have available for Saturday:

GK: 2
RWB: 1
CB: 4
LWB: 1
CM: 3
RW: 1
ST: 1
LW: 1

This is where we’re at.

I think it was just Jinky and he was called out on it. Everyone else said he played well

I made one negative comment about him, literally as he got subbed off, as it was noticeable he’d lost a couple of 1 v 1’s with Williams and had overhit a simple pass to put Traore through on goal.

Of course the natural reaction is for people to cry about the slightest bit of criticism but I’m used to it by now :icon_lol:

Senior players positionally that we have available for Saturday:

GK: 2
RWB: 1
CB: 4
LWB: 1
CM: 3
RW: 1
ST: 1
LW: 1

This is where we’re at.

Depends on what you class as "senior players", is it an age thing? must be over 22?

Involved in the squad for quite a few games and started games = Max Kilman... Buur has been involved in the squad. MGW is now fit.
I guess Nuno will decide who the senior players are

Depends on what you class as "senior players", is it an age thing? must be over 22?

Involved in the squad for quite a few games and started games = Max Kilman... Buur has been involved in the squad. MGW is now fit.
I guess Nuno will decide who the senior players are
Dunno, mate. I stole it off Twitter but it seemed to fit well.

Whatever the actual number is, we certainly don’t have “tons of players sitting around Compton”.

I really hope we sign someone soon because there’s only so many pages worth of cyber vrs the world posts I can put up with reading.

"I don't know but I'll post it as fact"

By the way, one comment?

Has to be said that Williams has Neto in his back pocket. Get MGW on (as we have no one else)

Take Neto off now. He’s stinking the place out.

Two comments, love. Both wrong by a spectacular margin. X

As regards Saunders I think many were in complete denial of the horror that meant L1 football but he was like slowly peeling back the bandage on a maggot infested wound. There was a point when the ' oh fucks ' happened and that was SEB away at Blues. It would have taken a special person to remove players like Henry and Ward from their pretentious sulks but these were the times of the 'Wrexham Mafia'. We were fucked before Saunders. Thelwell has not proved himself - the fillip for recent Wolves success is Jeff and Mendes.

PS As a season ticket holder the L1 season was a superb, rewarding experience up there with Mick's first.

As frustrating as I find our speed of signing players I’m glad we aren’t just getting people in for the sake of it who aren’t good enough.

I hated League One. So shit rocking up to watch us play fucking Stevenage and Carlisle. Of course I didn't miss a game all season but that's not the point.

Do not give Saunders any credit.

Oh, I have tons of things that I've banged on about forever. Mark Rankine 1995 for a start.

But Saunders is the only one where I called it right away and told people that they'd been daft. It didn't feel good, but these were exceptional circumstances.

You could call Saunders even before he was appointed. I remember seeing an interview with him when he was manager of Donny. The place was plastered with the type of wanky 'motivational' slogans so beloved of jobsworth managers in industry. "If you're not fired with enthusiasm you'll be fired with enthusiasm" was one of them. 'Christ,' I thought, 'What a complete arse.' A week later he was Wolves manager...

Buta in? Competition for Doherty??? I'll believe it when I see it

Olmo to Milan, 26M is far lower than I expected, no doubt they'll ask for 40M if a PL side actually put a bid in

And on transfer stuff, Boilesen, the Danish LB seems to be the latest name floating around...

You could call Saunders even before he was appointed. I remember seeing an interview with him when he was manager of Donny. The place was plastered with the type of wanky 'motivational' slogans so beloved of jobsworth managers in industry. "If you're not fired with enthusiasm you'll be fired with enthusiasm" was one of them. 'Christ,' I thought, 'What a complete arse.' A week later he was Wolves manager...

:icon_lol:

Anyone who starts banging on about the Army in their first interview has a red flag next to their name.

I'm sure his shiny suits were some kind of parody that I don't get, no-one can deliberately wear those clothes if it's not 1987.

We actually did want him when we sold Golbourne and ended up with 0 actual left backs at the club.

Like fuck are we after him now.

Good times

In other news, Simeone has said Lemar’s representatives are working on helping him get a potential move. I could see us offering a loan with option (rather than obligation) to buy. Sticking point would potentially be wages and if he sees it as a step down. If this is in anyway realistic at all!

We could probably convince him by offering massive wages but that’s not something we do.

Back