• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2020 transfer window

Berge going to Sheffield United and Alcacer to villareal. Two players that we could definitely use, and not mad money

Might be a question of guaranteed playing time re Berge. Even if we were in for him he might very well see Sheff Utd as a better option right now.

Norway has a bit of a golden generation going and they are clearly very well adviced atm, all going to clubs where they are automatic starters more or less from day one. Haaland rejected Juventus for his last two moves and it is clearly working out for him, Ødegaard is thriving at Real Sociedad when he probably had 'bigger' options, Ajer is a key player at Celtic, Sørloth is on a two year loan at Trabzonspor where he is banging them in atm and is the league's top scorer. What they all want to avoid is moving too fast, in particular like Elyonoussi who went from being the national teams best and most important player to ending up on the bench at Southampton and dropping out of the squad altogether, and like Sørloth the first time - he is a goal scorer who thrives on chances and should never have gone somewhere like Palace.

It says a bit about where we are right now that our starters are so good and reliable that it is hard to get in back up of sufficient quality. As for Berge, we clearly rate both MGW and Donk (as a midfielder) and one of them would have to drop out of match day squads and getting only a handful of sub appearances. I still would have liked him here though, I'm fairly confident he'll be a better player than both MGW and Donk in the end. All about priorities I guess.

I think Hwang would be one for the summer. If we get a forward in tomorrow (and I would be rather damn chuffed if we do) I suspect it won't be Hwang.

I read someone saying Liverpool aren't done with Salzburg yet. Could well be them after Hwang as well as already having Minamino.

I hink we have enough forwards....apart from a Raul understudy....but a top notch midfielder to mix it up, i'll go with that. But no shit mind sp grealish can fuck off ha ha ha

Midfielder and Centre Back, and probably a wing back will be summer business surely?

Looks to have a decent scoring record at least.

I'm going to say I would be happy with an upgrade to Doc.
Purely because last time I posted that, he had a stonker (one goal, one assist?)...

Unless he is on a plane now, I can't see that happening. Simply not enough time.

Loan deal can be sorted without a medical. As long as the paperwork to say a deal has been agreed between the clubs is sent over before the deadline, the clubs are given time to do the bits and bobs required to finalise.

It seems to be a day of a load of Chinese links which is coming from their League start being delayed due to the Coronavirus

Until the summer, and then I think we get him somewhere really decent with our best wishes. Also we have to consider the progression of Sondergaard, who looks pretty decent in the U23s.

Back up is a tough spot to fill. We are lucky to have had Ruddy stay for 2 seasons. Look around the Prem and the back up keeper options are not that great. Certainly wouldnt take Liverpools or Man City's over Ruddy

Be interesting to if we bring a player in or trust young Anders to step up to 2nd choice.

It seems Barca had agreed a deal for Bakambu earlier today but pulled out of it as he was on his way from China. He's seen the funny side of it though as he's tweeted transfermarkt to change the transfer part of his profile to include almost Barcelona. If we are actually interested which i doubt he'd be a great loan signing.

Ruddy was given the pay rise when we got promoted to keep him sweet. Depends if he wants the extra money or go elsewhere and halve his salary so he plays? Kids/family may be settled too which could come into it

Back