• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Jez Moxey: Please suggest his future...

Jez Moxey: Where's his future?

• Total voters

Wolf Hunting

Reaction score
Personally, from what bit I know, I'd like him to stay.
Especially now the other 'M' has gone.
I think he does a reasonably good job for us.
Though I know lots don't. Hence, the poll.

I think over the years he's done a good job, however the last 3 or so years his negotiating skills have seem to dwindle a bit, whether that is down to the constraints Morgan has put on him or not, I don't know. Also, there is no way that a guy over seeing relegation from the PL to League 1 should still have a job at the club.

For me, regardless of how good or bad he is, I believe the club needs fresh ideas and a new man should be brought in.

Really, we won't know how good or bad he is until we've seen someone else overseeing things.

I would hope that any new owner would want to push on with a new CEO. That is nothing personally against Jez himself. When have met him at the parliament he seems a decent enough bloke. However, it is very unusual to have such a long run as 15 years as CEO, and even more unusual to have such a run without things becoming stale, run-down and in need of a freshen up. This is the correct time to do that.

I also suspect that Jez will be of similar mind, and will hand over the reins to a new CEO after a suitable bedding in period once a new owner is in situ.

I don't think he is anywhere near as bad as most make out, and I agree with Penk that we don't know what his orders were from captain Morgan, but a new owner I think will, as sure as eggs is eggs appoint his own man.

For me he have to go because to much has gone wrong during his extended stay with us often in ideal situations. He doesn't display the air of a man who admits his past failings, more of a blame shifter and hasn't shown the capacity to put right what usually goes wrong in his domain.

I think over the years he's done a good job, however the last 3 or so years his negotiating skills have seem to dwindle a bit, whether that is down to the constraints Morgan has put on him or not, I don't know. Also, there is no way that a guy over seeing relegation from the PL to League 1 should still have a job at the club.

For me, regardless of how good or bad he is, I believe the club needs fresh ideas and a new man should be brought in.

Really, we won't know how good or bad he is until we've seen someone else overseeing things.

Yes good points, but I would prefer him to stay until a new owner is found. Then, yes, a new man who new horizons would be beneficial.

15+ years in situ is too long really. David Gill was a superb executive for Man Utd and he didn't last that long, he went because he felt it was going stale for him. I don't mind the way the club is run generally - it could be better of course, it's not exempt from criticism - but it has become a bit tired and predictable. Every situation is addressed in the same way, the general approach hasn't moved on at all in years, our communications aren't as slick as they should be.

He 100% isn't going anywhere until the club is sold and that could take years. I'd prefer the new owner to bring his own people in, providing we can guarantee competence. I never want the CEO having much of a say in football matters as is the case at a number of clubs.

i agree the timing is moot, he'll stay until we have a new owner and then it's up to that owner how it's organised.

Yes good points, but I would prefer him to stay until a new owner is found. Then, yes, a new man who new horizons would be beneficial.

Yeah, there is no way he should go before the sale is sorted.

I would much rather it was Moxey leaving than Morgan. With fresh ideas and a different focus point for the fans I feel he may still have wanted to stick around. Should have resigned when as Chief Exec he had no say in appointing consecutive managers

I would much rather it was Moxey leaving than Morgan. With fresh ideas and a different focus point for the fans I feel he may still have wanted to stick around. Should have resigned when as Chief Exec he had no say in appointing consecutive managers

Yep, agree completely.

I don't think anyone would resign from a £500k job unless they had to.

Which is another point, he does get paid too much for a Championship CEO.

I think he probably cut have cut a deal for constructive dismissal

No issue with him either. I think he as done a decent job, and I know that some fans can't stand the site of him.
He is a well paid employee of the club, but he as to make decisions for well being of the club, so he will upset some people.
I shouldn't think SM wouldn't have kept him on if was crap.

I think Moxey kept his back in 07 job in light of Morgan's inexperience at running a football club I imagine his role was to advise and support Morgan on what was a steep learning curve as well as his own day to day duties, however we have suffered some catastrophic fuck ups under Morgan and it highlights one or more of:

1) Moxey advised Morgan and Morgan ignored him and made decisions anyway (Saunders)
2) Moxey failed in advising Morgan of potential pitfalls a club CEO of at least 10 years would/should see more than a 'green' owner
3) Moxey gave bad advice which Morgan followed - to the detriment of the club.

He's been a magnificent negotiator during his time, Fletcher, Jarvis, Akinbiyi and H. Camara spring to mind where he's brought in some top money for their moves... But.. Always a but... For a long time I've considered Wolves PR to be none-existent they stumble from one half arsed disaster to another and thats been the case for the duration of his tenure.

I think he ought to go but with very little malice from me, he's served us well, on the whole.

I'd argue that the Jarvis and Fletcher negotiations were only magnificent on a superficial level. Yes he squeezed every penny out of the clubs but in doing so didn't allow the manager to work with what became his squad throughout pre season and lead to the August trolley dash we ended up having, which Sako aside didn't work. This sums Moxey up for me, great FD, poor football administrator

I agre with the general theme that he has probably been here too long. Time for a change, but who?

Back