• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Jez Moxey: Please suggest his future...

Jez Moxey: Where's his future?

• Total voters
Don't see the need for a change, he's just a money man imo and does a good job for Wolves in that role.

My problem is I don't actually KNOW what he does.
So I THINK he's doing an ok job. But I take on board some of the points on here and they're well put.
But I don't think that change, for the sake of change is a good policy at all.
So if I KNEW what he does, I'd be able to pose a better argument.

I'd argue that the Jarvis and Fletcher negotiations were only magnificent on a superficial level. Yes he squeezed every penny out of the clubs but in doing so didn't allow the manager to work with what became his squad throughout pre season and lead to the August trolley dash we ended up having, which Sako aside didn't work. This sums Moxey up for me, great FD, poor football administrator

Absolutely spot on.

As CEO he will have fingers in every pie (and that's not particularly a comment on previous issues) but inevitably sets the tone to a large degree on the ethos of how the club is run.

It is a fact that most of us approach our job in a particular way set by our character and that after a long period in the same role tend to continue doing things in the same way as that's how we've always done them. Innovation is scary and there can be a tendency to 'shy away' from it. 15 yrs is a long time in the same role & lethargy often creeps in. In addition a CEO who had been in post whilst the debacle of a few years ago was happening would normally expect to be asked to clear his desk.

Getting the right new appointment in any senior role it's crucial that the interview/selection process is well thought through & even then can never give certainty of success, but continuing down the same road will merely give more of what we have already had.

Think it is time for him to move on though in the current situation have voted for him to stay till the ownership position is resolved.

In addition a CEO who had been in post whilst the debacle of a few years ago was happening would normally expect to be asked to clear his desk.

I would say he survived as the mess was caused by Morgan, who held his hands up to it and then gave Moxey and Thelwell the task of cleaning up the mess and he took more of a back seat job.

I would say he survived as the mess was caused by Morgan, who held his hands up to it and then gave Moxey and Thelwell the task of cleaning up the mess and he took more of a back seat job.

Possibly, though Morgan is the full or part owner (not quite sure where he is with Redrow) fairly substantial private firms. People don't usually get to that point without a bit of a ruthless streak & not sure he would have easily accepted all the blame.

Often its the CEO as the public face of the business that is expected to 'fall on his sword'.

Morgan is 100% shareholder in Bridgemere Holdings and Bridgemere own Wolves (through their own holding company).

They're owned by Bridgemere Investments and Walbrook Nominees, which are based in Gurnesey. You would assume Morgan owns 100% of Bridgemere Investments, but can't be totally sure. Who owns Walbrook Nominees is anyone's guess.

Looks like Walbrook Nominees limited is based in the Isle of Man not Guernsey.

Further searching, it's controlled by Barclays Bank. Probably some type of charge.

I think he's done a decent job and is massively experienced which can't be underestimated - but it's probably time for a fresh start when we get a new owner.

Where is the doing a good job happy with him choice ?

Moxey does a great job, he is given his remit from Morgan, and Sir Jack before him, he does it fantastically.
It,s the owners decisions and the owners fault nothing will change by removing Moxey

That's not strictly true though, Jez has been de facto Chairman before, Hoddle was 100% his fault. Also he is too well paid to be just someone who carries out orders from above (he isn't).

I sort of agree. He carries out his job very well in most ways and is also a fantastic criticism magnet to keep the owner from getting grief. He knows he is the pantomime villain and he accepts that - just look at the name he had printed in the back of his shirt when he went in goal at (I think) Murray or Craddock's testimonial game.

He deals with his remit well.

However, one thing I will say is 15 years is VERY long as a stint as CEO. Most companies would expect to change within that time frame at least twice to get fresh ideas on board. And that is why I hope Jez is able to step down without any shit flying in his direction when the ownership is sorted.

just look at the name he had printed in the back of his shirt when he went in goal at (I think) Murray or Craddock's testimonial game.

it was. Something like JEZ MOXLEY FAT CONTROLLER PIE EATER

Back