• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Jez Moxey: Please suggest his future...

Jez Moxey: Where's his future?

• Total voters
However, one thing I will say is 15 years is VERY long as a stint as CEO. Most companies would expect to change within that time frame at least twice to get fresh ideas on board. And that is why I hope Jez is able to step down without any shit flying in his direction when the ownership is sorted.

I remember an interview Jez did after 7 or 8 years at the club saying he was now at the maximum time for his position and would be surprised if he was still at the club in 5 years.

it was. Something like JEZ MOXLEY FAT CONTROLLER PIE EATER

Actually it was...

WD4115713@MURRAY-9-DH-47.jpg

That's not strictly true though, Jez has been de facto Chairman before, Hoddle was 100% his fault. Also he is too well paid to be just someone who carries out orders from above (he isn't).

Mangers work managers don't. I could understand Hoddle's appointment.
CEO's always work for someone, I don't know the normal salary for a CEO but 500,000 for someone who runs a company with a turnover as high as Wolves does not seem excessive. He will be told to make Wolves run within x budget, he will have to then achieve that. Morgan will say i'll give you x for transfers.

I would think Sir Jack said get me an high profile manager, jeez sIdvto SJH, Huddle interviewed well, and the deal was rubber stamped. 15 years is a long time, but what will change if he leaves ?

I couldn't understand Hoddle's appointment. He has quite clearly been a fuckwit since forever.

CEO's always work for someone, I don't know the normal salary for a CEO but 500,000 for someone who runs a company with a turnover as high as Wolves does not seem excessive.

You would be surprised. I have done executive remuneration at some VERY big companies and £500k basic salary would fit in with a lot of top end FTSE 100 companies. The money there is in the incentives and bonuses. Base salary Moxey is quite an outlier for a Championship football club, which is another legacy of his very long stay.

I couldn't understand Hoddle's appointment. He has quite clearly been a fuckwit since forever.

I liked him for England, his footballing goods with England was good, his off the field antics were awful

He deserved sacking on footballing grounds with England by the end. We wouldn't have qualified for Euro 2000, he'd totally lost it. Keggy Keegle actually improved things which says it all.

Also Hoddle failed at France 98, it was his shite selection vs Romania which cost us the game and put us in the wrong half of the draw.

You would be surprised. I have done executive remuneration at some VERY big companies and £500k basic salary would fit in with a lot of top end FTSE 100 companies. The money there is in the incentives and bonuses. Base salary Moxey is quite an outlier for a Championship football club, which is another legacy of his very long stay.

I obviously have no knowledge of CEO salaries. Just not sure what would be gained in getting rid, if we could get someone better for less, then great, just not convinced we could

I obviously have no knowledge of CEO salaries. Just not sure what would be gained in getting rid, if we could get someone better for less, then great, just not convinced we could

Again - I agree completely. At those levels you never change without succession planning. However, my comment is again speaking with my old corporate hat on. A stay of a decade as CEO would be considered bad corporate governance. Jez is fifty percent beyond that. It is time for a change and new ideas, and you would hope that Wolves already had plans in place. On top of that, I would be fairly confident that a new owner would be looking for a change too. Not a big problem for Jez. He will walk away a pretty well-off chap. Equally he won't be keen to walk off without things safely in place. Despite the pantomine villain stuff I do genuinely believe he has feelings for the club and won't be keen to just leave a void.

Mangers work managers don't. I could understand Hoddle's appointment.
CEO's always work for someone, I don't know the normal salary for a CEO but 500,000 for someone who runs a company with a turnover as high as Wolves does not seem excessive. He will be told to make Wolves run within x budget, he will have to then achieve that. Morgan will say i'll give you x for transfers.

I would think Sir Jack said get me an high profile manager, jeez sIdvto SJH, Huddle interviewed well, and the deal was rubber stamped. 15 years is a long time, but what will change if he leaves ?

£500k for a CEO of a £20m turnover company? I think you'd be looking nearer £100k.

Yep.

Some of the companies I worked for had multi-multi-billion turnover and the CEO basic was less than £500k. Overall package was in the millions, but just the basic.

people go on about Moxey earning £1m, but I'd imagine a lot of that was made up with bonuses.

Yep, my business t/o around £85m and the CEO is on less than £200k before bonuses

people go on about Moxey earning £1m, but I'd imagine a lot of that was made up with bonuses.

That was the wage he got when we survived in the Prem wasn't it? which was loaded with bonuses.

He has had loads of bonuses on top of his wages. The club were so happy with the ££££ they got for Camara he was given a % of that

I suppose the crux of which is, he's a pretty rich man (unless he's spent it all on Frey Bentos shares, lolz) so if he didn't give a shit he'd have walked away long ago. He does care about the club.

To give a rough idea of how it used to work

Bonus for a listed CEO is usually* maxed out at 100% of annual salary, with a maximum stretch bonus of 150% of annual salary
Share awards and options are usually set at 300% of annual salary over a set number of years. The vast amount of that is taxed as income on the profit you make when you sell the shares (for options) or you have to sell 40 odd percent of the shares when you get them to cover the tax bill (share awards). On top of that pension and things like car allowances and the like will all be included to make up the overall package of a high end executive.

*this doesn't include things like Bob Diamond at Barclays a few years ago who had bonuses of astronomical percentages but then joined the board and people got proper arsey.

What are the fresh ideas everyone keeps alluding to ? structure, personnel ??

Moxey is doing very well for himself, considering turnover of Wolves. The company I work for, our CEO base is just over £500k, and our turnover last year year exceeded £1bn. He may need to re-negotiate..........

Back