• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Leeds build up thread

Parkins left foot

'Quirk's Gay Game Winner'
Reaction score
6 games to go - not gained on most above us, but not lost ground either & killed off any possible danger from below us.

Same team as today to start v Leeds with the possible change of VLP for Henry - go at Leeds hard from the off (they have had some problems this week) & get well ahead early.

Coming up for my 10th game of the season (if you count the 2 shorter away matches) & hope for better weather than the hardy souls who went to Nottingham faced today.

Driving up & staying over as BH so no sensible trains & a load of engineering works going on anyway - if any one is at this would be happy to buy a beer before or after.

Looking forward to this - a few beers and hopefully 3 points would be smashing.

Aiming for a 2pm arrival - Langers I assume that it is possible that you may visit the Western before the match? :pint2:

Missing this one due to taking the Daughter away for her 18th Birthday gift. Hopefully be able to catch some of it on TV though

Would swap Henry for VLP. Leeds have been very organised when I have seen them under Redfearn and will be parking the bus so we need to go at them from the off.

Priorities Kenny...

Can't wait for this! Hopefully be a good atmosphere, right at the front of the South Bank

Well I've got to collect my ticket haven't I?

I shall be in Budapest for this. I have found a pub called John Bull Sportsbar... They have got the game. Bostin. Im kitting the pub out in old gold. I shall put up a pic next week.

Rudolph Austin sent off for Leeds today. Big miss in Leeds midfield on Monday.

New song for the South Bank from the Forest game.

'Oh, ho, ho it's magic you know, Dicko, Afobe, Sako'.

Quality!

New song for the South Bank from the Forest game.

'Oh, ho, ho it's magic you know, Dicko, Afobe, Sako'.

Quality!

Yeah loved that chant yesterday, top class. Also enjoyed the Yam Yam Dambusters tune.

"We all dream of a team of Dave Edwards'" was started at one point which I think is always the sign of a good away day.

Leeds in disarray again. Is it a good time to play them, but are they a wounded animal?

The thing with Leeds is they've kind of been a shambles of one sort or another for years now, and even with this recent trouble they've still managed form that isn't that bad. I'm worried about complacency.

Playing a team 48 hours after they have just played 55 minutes with 10 men and been spanked 3-0, who have nothing to play for and a manager who wants out and we have an extra days rest..... I'm naturally on the pessimistic side, but this has to be ours. KJ likes us to feel our way into the game normally, but tomorrow I'd like us to fly at them and get an early goal.

Friday's team is our best 11, so I hope there isn't any tweaking particularly at full back. The only change I would make is to put Evans on the bench instead of one of the defenders, not really fussed which one, but probably Hause.

Ha! wonder where that song springed up from then!? Are any other clubs even using that theme for anything? Can't say I have heard it elsewhere.

Ha! wonder where that song springed up from then!? Are any other clubs even using that theme for anything? Can't say I have heard it elsewhere.

Yeah it seems like an SB original, fair play to whoever thought it up.

Over the years we've had some good ones and some bad ones, but they've always been harvested from other teams.

If Leeds are a bit lethargic + leggy after having a shorter break than ourselves, I wouldn't be surprised to see Dave Edwards start.

Back