• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Leeds (H, LC) - 9/11 - Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
Silly little tournament these days, it's a good 25 years past its sell-by date. I'm not going.

------------------------Sarkic-----------------------

Jonny----------Mosquera---------Kilman-----Ait-Nouri

------------Hodge-------Neves------Bouba-------------

------------Guedes------Hwang----Campbell-----------

2022/23: L 1-2 (A)
2021/22: L 2-3 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2020/21: W 1-0 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2017/18: W 4-1 (H), W 3-0 (A)
2016/17: L 0-1 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2015/16: L 2-3 (H), L 1-2 (A)
2014/15: W 4-3 (H), W 2-1 (A)
2012/13: D 2-2 (H), L 0-1 (A)
2006/7: W 1-0 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2005/6: W 1-0 (H), L 0-2 (A)
2004/5: D 0-0 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2003/4: W 3-1 (H), L 1-4 (A)
1997/8: W 1-0 (A, FAC)

The squad isn't deep enough with injuries to swap 11 players and with Griffiths and Fraser playing last night it's clear we aren't completing ditching it, but I wouldn't play Neves.

Why though, we have literally one game afterwards. Which we'll probably lose anyway, being as Arsenal are top of the league and we're no good.

If he gets injured he's got the rest of November and most of December to get over it.

Why though, we have literally one game afterwards. Which we'll probably lose anyway, being as Arsenal are top of the league and we're no good.

If he gets injured he's got the rest of November and most of December to get over it.
Dan Saunders

Because he's been the only bright point this season, the injury isn't necessarily a 2 month one and the match is pointless so why bother?

I appreciate the last point will annoy some.

sick-bro.gif

It was deliberate, promise. It's been at least a week since I mentioned the Poundshop Lage.

Dan, destroyer of World Cup deams...

Interesting to see how many players who are off to Qatar are off their game this weekend. (same straw clutching there for our game on Saturday....)

Because he's been the only bright point this season, the injury isn't necessarily a 2 month one and the match is pointless so why bother?

I appreciate the last point will annoy some.
Doesn't annoy me, I agree with you on that point.

A lot of our fans are tied to it because we won it but as both times were before I was born and it's been a sham of a competition for a quarter of a century, I hope they bin it soon. It's not even a revenue generator.

Dan, destroyer of World Cup deams...

Interesting to see how many players who are off to Qatar are off their game this weekend. (same straw clutching there for our game on Saturday....)
Arsenal may rest a good chunk.... However remember when we last played an u18s Arsenal squad.

I was at that!!
Likewise. Saw the two teams, thought "we've got a chance here you know, who the fuck is Fabregas, never heard of him".

Yeah.

Wee stoater by Alex Rae though.

(Around 1:53)

Woooah, we're halfway there, woooah oh, Aliadière scored two as well.

I forgot how bad we were that season really. I know it's the cup but some of that defending!

Butler on Aliadière's second is something else.

We were awful, DJ was laughably short of the mark as a manager.

Just had another email:-

"Wolves host Leeds United tomorrow night in the third round of the Carabao Cup under the lights at Molineux, with limited tickets still remaining."

Why lie? You can easily see there are 1000s of tickets still remaining? Even in the sought after South Bank you can buy yourself an entire row.

Likewise. Saw the two teams, thought "we've got a chance here you know, who the fuck is Fabregas, never heard of him".

Yeah.

Wee stoater by Alex Rae though.

(Around 1:53)

Woooah, we're halfway there, woooah oh, Aliadière scored two as well.
How is it that Alex Rae is the same age there as I am now but he looks more like he's my dad's age?

Guess I'm one of the legacy fans that remember our 2 wins. I'm going and actually looking forward to it and hope we go deep into the competition.

Guess I'm one of the legacy fans that remember our 2 wins. I'm going and actually looking forward to it and hope we go deep into the competition.

This is the point though, I'm not young and I wasn't born for either.

It's a nonsensical competition these days.

I remember 1980 and what the Cup is now doesn't devalue that achievement, but if you look at the last 9 years it's been won by 1 of the big 6 every time and in all but 3 playing another of them in the final. Their squads are so deep that they can depriotise and still win it. That's why it doesn't interest me, unless we go full strength in every round which we won't or shouldn't it's pretty pointless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back