• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Leeds United (A) build up 19/4/16

Lycan

Proud Resident of Coventry
Reaction score
We've got a game tomorrow.

Leeds are the only team in the league to have had fewer shots on goal than we have this season. Should be a cracker...

Team obviously depends on Batth's fitness. Martinez has to start after Ikeme's horror show on Friday.

Team without Danny Batth:

Martinez

Doherty Iorfa Hause Deslandes

Edwards Price Saville

Hunte Sigurdarson Helan​

Team with Danny Batth:

Martinez

Iorfa Batth Hause Doherty

Edwards Price Saville

Enobakhare Sigurdarson Hunte​

Had no idea we were playing tomorrow night. Thanks for the tip :(

Has to start enobokhare, plus one of deslandes and hunte for me - it's the ideal chance for them to get game time.

Physically Bright is already more than capable of handling himself at this level. There's nothing at all to lose from playing him, the result tomorrow is completely irrelevant. Not as if the senior alternatives are doing anything, we haven't had a striker score for us in over two months.

I don't think Bright is anywhere near ready, or Hunte

The game literally has nothing riding on it though. If they get a few starts between now and the end of the season they might be significantly closer to being 'ready' by the time next season rolls around. What's the worst that could happen? We lose the game?

We'll never know if they're ready if they only ever get 2 or 3 minutes at the end of the game. The same was said about Graham too, when he actually got a chance to start a game he showed how wrong Kenny was.

Physically Bright is already more than capable of handling himself at this level. There's nothing at all to lose from playing him, the result tomorrow is completely irrelevant. Not as if the senior alternatives are doing anything, we haven't had a striker score for us in over two months.

The result doesn't matter, doesn't stop the plebs from crying.

The game literally has nothing riding on it though. If they get a few starts between now and the end of the season they might be significantly closer to being 'ready' by the time next season rolls around. What's the worst that could happen? We lose the game?

For the record I'm all for playing them.

The result doesn't matter, doesn't stop the plebs from crying.

Exactly. Should we lose, the same people will play the same record about how Jackett should go, etc, but should we win, they will be less vocal about it.

I don't see us signing Martinez in the Summer so stick with Ikeme, no point now after the Cardiff game was when the change was going to be made if it was going to be.
I'd give the same back four a go for the experience
Price and McDonald in midfield, unless he is still on the naughty step in which case Saville
I'd give Bright a start, but give him a chance as a striker with someone alongside him to give him a fair go. Of the options we have I'd probably go for Siggy. Hunte looked miles off where he needs to be against Blackburn, but he deserves more of a go than 25 mins in a turgid none event to see if he's ready.

Ikeme

Doherty
Iorfa
Hause
Deslandes

Henry
McDonald / Saville
Price
Hunte

Siggy
Bright

If we don't experiment with formation and personnel in these final games then Jackett needs shooting

I very much doubt Jackett will start with both Hunte and Deslandes.

Exactly. Should we lose, the same people will play the same record about how Jackett should go, etc, but should we win, they will be less vocal about it.

Eh? Jackett should go because for 42 games we've been a turgid mess of a team and he doesn't show any signs of turning that around even when there's literally nothing at stake. Doesn't matter if we win 5-0 tomorrow or lose 5-0.

I very much doubt Jackett will start with both Hunte and Deslandes.

He won't, but it's what I would do and they will know each other well from playing those positions for the U21's.

I wouldn't sign Helan in the Summer, therefore I don't see the point in playing him now. I'd rather finish 15th and give the youngsters some experience and learn about what they are capable of than 12th by grinding out the odd win and a couple of draws with the usual suspects who we know all about

I don't see us signing Martinez in the Summer so stick with Ikeme.

I think we'll know for sure tomorrow evening. If Ikeme stays in after that performance then we don't have a chance of signing Emi.

Okay, as this is what I'd do, as opposed to what Full Mental Jackett would do, I'd go with the following:

Martinez

Iorfa Batth Hause Deslandes

Price McDonald

Hunte Mason Henry

Enobakhare

As McDonald is training with the U21s I guess he won't wear a Wolves shirt again.

Williamson is out for the season.

Batth is back apparently. Wallace is in full training and could feature.

Back