• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Rotherham (H) build up 23/4/16

Lycan

Proud Resident of Coventry
Reaction score
A tricky game against a resurgent Rotherham side.

Martinez

Iorfa Batth Hause Doherty

Coady Price Saville

Wallace Sigurdarson Hunte​

Last edited:
We put six past them a couple of years ago. Not sure if we will this time though...

Fair play for being interested enough to start this up, Lycan.

My prediction is Wallace will start instead of Henry and the rest of the 11 will be the same. It'll be boring and we'll probably draw or lose.

Good line up. Totally agree ref Ikeme. Nice guy, doesn't have the balls to be a top keeper. Henry has to go, same as Edwards. Neither player good enough.

On the face of it, you would think it's absolutely ripe to play some kids, give them a go in a no stakes game...but we've had numerous no stakes games this month and we don't do it.

No chance of this happening of course but I would go:

------------------------------Ikeme-----------------------------

Doherty------------Iorfa-------------Hause-------------Deslandes

-----------------Price--------------Saville-----------------------

----------Wallace-----------Ronan----------Hunte---------------

--------------------------Enobakhare-----------------------------

I don't need to watch James Henry again to know that he has no pace and has one good game in eight at best at this level. I don't need to watch Bjorn Sigurdarson not win headers and not hold the ball up to further prove he doesn't have what it takes to play the kind of role we require from a forward in the systems we play. I don't need to watch Jeremy Helan provide balance but nothing else and demonstrate why we shouldn't sign him. I'd change the keeper if we had any hope of signing the bloke on the bench (we don't), Flatt is out getting decent experience in a winning team so I wouldn't mess with that either - though we quite obviously need a new keeper in the summer.

We can stick with what we normally send out and it'll be an uninspiring, low scoring game against opponents who palpably are currently way more motivated and better organised than we are, and we'll probably draw or lose. At home. Against Rotherham fucking United. Or we can play something like the line up above and regardless of result, the fans will be more on board with what we've tried to do. Tough choice Ken. Unless you really value a potential fourth consecutive 0-0 home draw.

2015/16: W 2-1 (A)
2014/15: W 5-0 (H), L 0-1 (A)
2013/14: W 6-4 (H), D 3-3 (A)
2008/9: D 0-0 (A, LC, lost on pens)
2004/5: W 2-0 (H), W 2-1 (A)
2002/3: D 0-0 (H), D 0-0 (A), D 4-4 (A, LC, lost on pens)
2001/2: W 2-1 (H), W 3-0 (A)

Is there a young keeper at the club we can have a look at rather than playing Ikeme?

Only really Harry Burgoyne and he isn't ready. Flatt is at Cheltenham on loan and it's good for him to be playing in a team who've just won their league, McCarey is leaving in the summer.

On the face of it, you would think it's absolutely ripe to play some kids, give them a go in a no stakes game...but we've had numerous no stakes games this month and we don't do it.

No chance of this happening of course but I would go:

------------------------------Ikeme-----------------------------

Doherty------------Iorfa-------------Hause-------------Deslandes

-----------------Price--------------Saville-----------------------

----------Wallace-----------Ronan----------Hunte---------------

--------------------------Enobakhare-----------------------------

I don't need to watch James Henry again to know that he has no pace and has one good game in eight at best at this level. I don't need to watch Bjorn Sigurdarson not win headers and not hold the ball up to further prove he doesn't have what it takes to play the kind of role we require from a forward in the systems we play. I don't need to watch Jeremy Helan provide balance but nothing else and demonstrate why we shouldn't sign him. I'd change the keeper if we had any hope of signing the bloke on the bench (we don't), Flatt is out getting decent experience in a winning team so I wouldn't mess with that either - though we quite obviously need a new keeper in the summer.

We can stick with what we normally send out and it'll be an uninspiring, low scoring game against opponents who palpably are currently way more motivated and better organised than we are, and we'll probably draw or lose. At home. Against Rotherham $#@!ing United. Or we can play something like the line up above and regardless of result, the fans will be more on board with what we've tried to do. Tough choice Ken. Unless you really value a potential fourth consecutive 0-0 home draw.

2015/16: W 2-1 (A)
2014/15: W 5-0 (H), L 0-1 (A)
2013/14: W 6-4 (H), D 3-3 (A)
2008/9: D 0-0 (A, LC, lost on pens)
2004/5: W 2-0 (H), W 2-1 (A)
2002/3: D 0-0 (H), D 0-0 (A), D 4-4 (A, LC, lost on pens)
2001/2: W 2-1 (H), W 3-0 (A)

FOOTBALL where else could you sell something that nobody wants or is interested in

Ikeme - Batth - Coady - Henry - Siggy - Helan - ALF - Edwards None of them will ever be better than lower Championship players: simply no point in playing them for the last three games of the season

My prediction is we will not win this game.

Only really Harry Burgoyne and he isn't ready. Flatt is at Cheltenham on loan and it's good for him to be playing in a team who've just won their league, McCarey is leaving in the summer.

Isn't Burgoyne on loan at telford?
Apparently very highly rated inside the club is Burgoyne.

He's been back here for a month or so now. Since we sent Flatt out I think.

Same old rubbish I'm sure we'll have to endure. Looking forward to this one as much as a kick in the nuts. I'm going for a stale and soggy 1-1 draw.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Well I'm going for a 1-0 victory - the goalscorer to be a STH from the SouthBank who KJ invites on as a sub in the 89th minute as he got no other clue what to fucking do !!!

Warnock v Jackett - No contest. Away win.

Warnock v Jackett - No contest. Away win.

Damning indictment really. Warnock has drifted into semi-retirement more than once and was awful at both Leeds and Palace. But he's still better than what Ken's served up this season.

Suspect that if Kenny had walked & we had been offered Warnock as a replacement then we would have been deeply unimpressed - but still showing that he has some capacity at this level

Likely to be another draw , 0 - 0 probably

PLF - don't forget your boots, you could be my match winner !! lol

PLF - don't forget your boots, you could be my match winner !! lol

Unlikely as I'm staying down here for this one - am up & ready for the final home game v Sheff Weds which I am sure will be an exciting game with a feast of world class goals :icon_biggrin:

Back