• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Liquidator

Well I'm not a parent but I would not want my child of how old hearing F**K off west brom, the wolves

Well I am a parent and I wouldn't take my son to a football ground if I was so concerned about him that I never wished him to hear a swear word, you don't need a song to encourage swearing.

PSYCHE - Darlo

I knew learning Classics would come in handy one day!

It's a hoary old chestnut that crops it's head up from time to time, it's the only pre match theme that has ever got my juices flowing but I can't see it ever returning.
I'm a pretty liberal kind of person but having taken my 5 yr old Grandaughter to a couple of games last season I can now understand the other side of the argument.

It was played at Northampton last season. Immediate reaction was lots of singing and lots of swearing! The song is indelibly linked with the F word for both Wolves and Albion. It will never be back for us.

Perhaps we could get every wolves fan to have it on their phone/mp3 player, & play it simultaeneously prior to kick off one time?

Chelsea fans were gobsmacked when the liquidator came on at the Bridge. In the pub after, some of their fans said the other London teams boo it, and they couldn't understand our reaction to the tannoy playing it. We soon explained it to them.

Thread Closed

Folks, i have looked into the liquidator enq and it is a request that the police made in 2002. This was made by a Superintendant from Wolverhampton at a Safety advisory meeting and it was felt that for a number of reasons the song was inappropriate.
Therefore the request still stands and i guess i should of done some digging before answering the first post.
Sorry for getting your hopes up.

I know that superintendant rather well, just so you know.....

The argument was incitement to riot. I may not agree, but I am not pissing my father in law off.

Unfortunately it can't be brought back because it guarantees swearing. (Why can't we just sing 'We hate West Brom, -The Wolves'? and the Albion can sing 'We hate Wanderers - West Brom'? for all I care).
But we should have a different reggae/skinhead tune, say Double Barrel or even better - Monkey Spanner. Great tune, can't have profanities added to it, can't have the piss taken out of it by opposition fans (like Son Of My Father), and is miles better than Hi Ho Silver Lining.

Last edited:
I would (if I could) have the team come out to "We will Bring the House Down" by Slade. Simple audience participation. No lyrics of note to learn or make rude. Would make an awesome racket (as anyone who has ever been to a Quo gig would tell you, strangely enough). Perfect sentiment for the team hitting the pitch

Good shout Slade are local. I would prefer Cum on feel the Noize, tho

Would a loudspeaker with an iPhone playing down it work lol

Ive always found it a bit odd that fans demand the liquidator; that without it they're somehow less able to get behind the team.

you English are so amusing, 50 year old family men fighting with other 50 year old family men over who supports what team... never ceases to amaze me.

you English are so amusing, 50 year old family men fighting with other 50 year old family men over who supports what team... never ceases to amaze me.

It is much worse in other countries. Italy for example. The Rome derby brings out the worst in the fans and as for Fenebache in Turkey!

in europe it's a younger generation, and it's mostly hooligans... not older men with families.

best atmosphere for football (although admittedly AFL and not real football) is in australia, opposing fans sitting together and joking around

I wonder if you could get away without segregation for most football matches nowadays?

I'd guess a fair number of the people at matches that give it the big 'un across the police divide would soon keep it shut if they were sat next to the bloke they were shouting the abuse at, certainly not suitable for all clubs/fixtures as there are undoubtably some proper bellends still around but i bet it could work at times.

Sort of like how my dog goes mental at anything that moves when he's on a lead but if he's free to run around wherever he shits himself at the sight of another dog knowing you cant pull him back if he gets in trouble.

I wonder if you could get away without segregation for most football matches nowadays?

I'd guess a fair number of the people at matches that give it the big 'un across the police divide would soon keep it shut if they were sat next to the bloke they were shouting the abuse at, certainly not suitable for all clubs/fixtures as there are undoubtably some proper bellends still around but i bet it could work at times.

Sort of like how my dog goes mental at anything that moves when he's on a lead but if he's free to run around wherever he shits himself at the sight of another dog knowing you cant pull him back if he gets in trouble.

Works all right at Fulham.

May i suggest a quick google of Bulgarian football fans.

Back