• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion: 2020/21

2 goals from absolutely shocking defending

How have they not got the lines out? I don’t think they should, but when Bamford arm is off in other games you need consistency...

However a general comment on Wolves, that game is why I don't like the "don't care about the result just get the season over with" types of remarks
I make no apology for saying things like this. Its been a shit season and not just because we have been, at best, average. Its a soulless season, it means nothing to me really. As long as 3 teams finish below I don't really care, as I do care enough not to be returning to watch us play Rotherham or Peterborough.
My feelings would no doubt be different if I was attending games but I am not. Its a bag of crap I never want to witness again, I do of course want us to win games but that doesn't change my overall view...so the sooner this season is over the better

I make no apology for saying things like this. Its been a shit season and not just because we have been, at best, average. Its a soulless season, it means nothing to me really. As long as 3 teams finish below I don't really care, as I do care enough not to be returning to watch us play Rotherham or Peterborough.
My feelings would no doubt be different if I was attending games but I am not. Its a bag of crap I never want to witness again, I do of course want us to win games but that doesn't change my overall view...so the sooner this season is over the better
Not that binary though is it? Of course across the 3 year span Nuno was key in his develolpment and I'm sure he'd site him as a major influence. That doesn't preclude him from failing to get the best out of him in his last 6 months. That comes from failing to play a style that suited him. When that's your best player imo then that's mismanagement
11 games after lockdown. So two months really. Before that he’d been in fantastic form just before lockdown. He missed absolute sitters against Villa, Everton and Olympiacos, if he scores I’m probably not spending half my time saying he’s better than Neto at the end of last season

Last edited:
I think the games post lockdown were poor from Nuno, the decline in attacking output as well as the bizarre idea of wide players playing on the touchline did not help Jota at all.

We saw the best of him through the centre and narrow/ inside forward. If we had him now I think he and Neto would be magnificent inside forwards.

Thankfully Nuno looks like he’s leaning towards playing this formation with a bit more attacking intent (would like to see more off the ball running, personally)
I think our biggest probably was physically, we couldn’t break at the speed we wanted to or didn’t have the energy to do it repeatedly. Jota’s performances were certainly sluggish.

I get all this but surely it's easier to say all that when we've been pretty poor and uninspiring.

For me, it's shit but it's still football, still counts and is still in the record books.

What is the bag of crap? The lack of fans? Or the performances? I think the fact you are wanting us to win is different from what I was mentioning anyway. For me, like Prawn it seems. The football has been a very welcome distraction.

For those with season tickets or who go regularly I get it, I can wait to get to a game.

for me, with nothing to play for undoubtedly I can’t wait to get this season over with but that’s probably more to do with performances and results

I don't go to games and I spent a huge amount of my life watching football with very few fans, or playing in football with no fans, so I get that is different potentially to a lot. But Wolves are massively important to me, so much of my weekend or day can depend on how they have done, and that is only magnified when there have been months in months of not leaving the house and seemingly having done nothing except work. I get I take it a tad personally when people describe the season as pointless, as its going to count, and has counted massively to myself in terms of actually being able to look forward to something, even if that ultimately ended in spending days moaning on here!

I don't think anyone would disagree that this season is not ideal in terms of lack of fans etc, but that's not the point.

All teams are in the same boat and West Ham, Man U, City, Leicester, Leeds and Villa fans will probably be enjoying it a lot more than the likes of us, Newcastle or Sheff Utd.

Call me a cynic, but my suspicion is that repeating 'the season is soulless' is a bit of a set up for deflecting any fair criticism about Nuno or Fosun that may come along in the summer... 😉

What is the bag of crap? The lack of fans? Or the performances? I think the fact you are wanting us to win is different from what I was mentioning anyway. For me, like Prawn it seems. The football has been a very welcome distraction.
Everything about the season. Its anything but the football I want, watching in TV is even crap with either the echo of players screaming or fake crowd noise. That's just my view and if they had decided at Christmas to null and void it I would have been delighted.

Roll on next season when I can properly get behind moaning when we are a bag of nails at home versus whoever is bottom again..

I don't think anyone would disagree that this season is not ideal in terms of lack of fans etc, but that's not the point.

All teams are in the same boat and West Ham, Man U, City, Leicester, Leeds and Villa fans will probably be enjoying it a lot more than the likes of us, Newcastle or Sheff Utd.

Call me a cynic, but my suspicion is that repeating 'the season is soulless' is a bit of a set up for deflecting any fair criticism about Nuno or Fosun that may come along in the summer... 😉
Not really for you to tell other people how they feel

Cynic...

I have my views on why Nuno and Fosun have generally failed or got things wrong but its not part of why this season is a bag of crap for me. That's a whole different discussion.

Back