• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion: 2020/21

Congrats to Leicester winning the FA cup. Shows that the big six don't win everything, and it gives me hope we'll be there one day doing the same thing,as long as Fosun are commited to the project for long enough.

Only 2 seasons ago when we finished above Leicester, the fact they've won the FA cup and are going to be in the Champions League next season highlights the way the 2 clubs recruitment has gone
Or it highlights that after winning the League a few years ago, they had a transition season and reset.

See you at the Camp Nou in 2022/23...

Or it highlights that after winning the League a few years ago, they had a transition season and reset.

See you at the Camp Nou in 2022/23...
I see where you are trying to go. I would point out they have sold Drinkwater Maguire Kante and Chilwell for Megabucks and replaced them with oven ready footballers by and large. Maddison Tielemens, Soyuncu, Ndidi etc. They have had a couple of duds , true but their recruitment v our recruitment during the same four years looks pretty damn good. Their reset and rebuild included bringing Rodgers in. We are happy to place faith on Nuno. If our reset and rebuild brings us a trophy , and European football in consecutive seasons then I will be very happy. I am not so convinced that we are not about to see more reset and rebuild in 2022.

Last edited:
You don't, but then neither do I :D

I've just been reading about Sven Botman. Might be too late but might be the type we want to get.

Soyuncu had a fantastic first season, so there's a decent defender in there. He's struggling now though and relys on Evans to help him through games.

I'd say RAN, Vitinha, Neto, Silva, Hoever are exactly the kind of signings we should be making if we want to get to Leicesters level
Even the most optimistic person would concede those 5 are not Castagne, Teilemans, Justin, Fofana and Praet. Those are players who all instantly get in our side. No bedding in needed.

Praet definitely wouldn't and I don't think Justin would either.
I should've said squad rather than team. And I'd disagree on Justin he's better than RAN and Semedo IMO.

They have bought better than us there is no doubt about that and we've bought potential not ready to go players.

My point was that Leicester are buying better players than we are that could step straight in to the side or without a drop in quality.

I'm glad Praet isn't ours, not based on ability or anything but just that at least 50 people around me at the ground would make hilarious pratt jokes every game

Back