• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2020-2021

From the weekend:

Dion Sanderson - Sunderland, League One

Played a full game in a 4-1 win against Doncaster. Good result, but was caught napping for the goal conceded as a forward nipped in front of him.

Ruben Vinagre - Famalicao, Portuguese Primeira Liga

Victim of a horrible clash of heads, but was allowed to continue for 10 minutes before being taken off. No update from Famalicao yet, perhaps predictably.

Rafa Mir - S.D. Huesca, La Liga

Another full game for Mir in a 1-0 defeat at Sevilla. Unlucky not bag a couple though - first being denied by a great reaction save from a strong header, then a difficult volley that the keeper also blocked. Still looks in decent form...

Christian Herc - Karvina, Czech Premier League

Played a full game of a 4-3 defeat at Slavia Prague and scored the second to level the score: a fine volley from the edge of the box off a clearance.

Grasshoppers - Swiss second tier

Gomes and Burr played the full game in a 2-0 win, while Ronan came on as sub for the last half an hour.

On as sub: Cutrone came on for the last 10 minutes in a 2-0 defeat at Real Madrid.

Unused subs: Shabani, Bonatini

Not in squad: Jordao, Campana, Pardington

No game: Giles, Matheson, Sarkic,

Has anyone seen/heard any news at all on Vinagre yet? I haven't been able to find any.

Shabani scores the goal to send Venlo to the KNVB Cup semi finals.

Hopefully that'll be the start of a first-team run for him now.

Bonatini also opened scoring for Grasshoppers on Tuesday - he got an hour, Gomes a full game, Burr went off at HT and Ronan came on for the last 20 minutes.

Goal on 1.35:

Giles also came on for the last 15 minutes in a 1-0 defeat at Bournemouth.

Not really happening for Ronan over in Grasshoppers .

I think I read somewhere that Gomes was playing pretty well

Possibly a better squad option than Kilman?

Could probably be a 5th choice type squad player, if we loaned/sold Kilman. Think better for him to continue playing football though, I'm sure Sunderland would want him again.

How’s this for a quote (Stephen Elliott)

“Dion Sanderson has a huge future in the game. Best on loan player I’ve seen at the club since Jonny Evans. Wise beyond his years on the pitch.”

How’s this for a quote (Stephen Elliott)

“Dion Sanderson has a huge future in the game. Best on loan player I’ve seen at the club since Jonny Evans. Wise beyond his years on the pitch.”
Maybe he's an option to come back in the summer? The Wolves staff watch all their loan players i believe?

Rafa Mir missed a penalty with Huesca trailing but made up for it a little when he bundled defender into ball for an OG in a big comeback win. They have some hope at least. Granada clearly missing injured Europa league star Jesus Vallejo...

Back