• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2021-22

What this does demonstrate (25 players out on loan now) is how unfit for purpose the current model of U23s football is. We're sending players to Matlock, Kettering, the League of Ireland etc rather than use the traditional in-house route of development. It simply doesn't help anyone because the standard is so low.

I'm not sure what the answer is, because there's no way we're going back to the 80s/90s where the reserves were made up of a mix of young players and out of favour/recovering senior squad members, and putting U21 teams into the Football League Trophy has been a failure and more or less signalled the death knell for that tournament (look at some of the attendances in the early rounds), but at the moment it's a waste of everyone's time.
We have 8 professional keepers I think. I appreciate that 5 of them will be on next to nothing, but it's hoarding for the sake of it

That's Fosun's strategy. Buy so many GKs that there are none left for other clubs. Easy peasy.

Lewis richards starts for Harrogate and then subbed off injured after 14 minutes

Apparently Matheson is playing for Scunthorpe tonight...at Spalding United in the Lincolnshire Senior Cup.

*Obviously* he's still very young, but going from League 1,to the Scottish championship, to league 2, isn't the most progressive trajectory

Apparently Matheson is playing for Scunthorpe tonight...at Spalding United in the Lincolnshire Senior Cup.

*Obviously* he's still very young, but going from League 1,to the Scottish championship, to league 2, isn't the most progressive trajectory
He should have retired after scoring at old Trafford

Lewis richards starts for Harrogate and then subbed off injured after 14 minutes
That's a shame. The rest of his team kept a decent clean sheet against top 6 opposition, too, so he may not just walk back in when fit.

Ronan also played 87 minutes and got an assist from a corner for St Mirren in their 1-1 draw with Motherwell, and Jackson Smith played in a 2-1 win against Southport.

Was his return to fitness and the end of the window a coincidence?
He has been back at Wolves as part of his treatment so we knew how the injury was and when he would be back in training at Sheff Utd

I was thinking that we had maybe kept him wrapped up until the 31st 'just in case' we received an offer for a midfielder that we couldn't turn down. When that didn't materialise, we were happy for him to return to Sheffield and also let Jordao out on loan.

I was thinking that we had maybe kept him wrapped up until the 31st 'just in case' we received an offer for a midfielder that we couldn't turn down. When that didn't materialise, we were happy for him to return to Sheffield and also let Jordao out on loan.
If that was the case we'd have been showing how fit and injury free he was.

It was within our gift to recall the loan, regardless of injury status

Just watched the last 10 mins of the Blackburn game and Giles put two chances on a plate and a third half chance. None were taken but they really should have been.

Pointless in our squad though as we don’t get people in the box or WBs attacking the back post.

Adama starts for Barcelona this afternoon against Atlético.

Watching the Barca game and Adama is playing well. Just made the assist for the 2nd goal.

Back