• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2023/2024

Guedes or no Guedes?

• Yes - More Playstation Face!

• No - Let's forget he ever joined us

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sedgley Wolf

Reaction score
With most of our existing loans coming to an end yesterday, what better time to start the new Loan Watch thread?

I'll try to update as much as possible, work permitting. Individual updates and videos welcome too, of course.

Following @YoungWolf's lead last season, here's the player loan table.

NameClub loaned toLeagueUntil
Sasa KalajdzicEintracht FrankfurtBundesliga *Out for the season*June 2024
Luke CundleStoke CityThe ChampionshipJune 2024
Ki-Jana HoeverStoke CityThe ChampionshipJune 2024
Joe HodgeQPRThe ChampionshipJune 2024
Louie MouldenNorthampton TownLeague OneJune 2024
Chem CampbellWycombe WanderersLeague OneJune 2024
Nigel LonwijkWycombe WanderersLeague OneJune 2024
ChiquinhoFamalicaoPortuguese Primeira LigaJune 2024
Daniel PodenceOlympiacosGreek Premier LeagueJune 2024
Bendeguz BollaFC ServetteSwiss Super LeagueJune 2024
Yerson MosqueraVillarrealLa LigaJune 2024
Goncalo GuedesVillarrealLa LigaJune 2024
Fabio SilvaRangersSPLJune 2024
Dexter LemibikisaHeartsSPLJune 2024
Justin HubnerCerezo OsakaJapanese J1 LeagueJune 2024
Owen HeskethKidderminster HarriersNational LeagueJune 2024
Harry BirtwistleOxford CityNational LeagueJune 2024
Owen FarmerRushall OlympicNational League NorthJune 2024
Joe YoungBuxtonNational League NorthJune 2024
Ethan McLeodAlvechurch FCSouthern League Premier Division (7th tier)June 2024

Last edited:
Nice one.

Did I complete the last one, I’ll update if not. It will bother me otherwise haha

Will just generically shout out how outstanding Mosquera has been for FCC. Absolutely working out for both sides, that one.

I do wonder what would be his situation had he not got injured in his first pre season and the cup game (cheers Bruno).

We basically signed him under the profile we’d been looking at Kossounou and Tapsoba, but been too slow with those two.

Is guedes at benfica? Or is it not official yet

Not sure how Mosquera's loan is working out for Wolves as no matter how well he plays in MLS, how does it tell us anything about how he could potentially adapt and play games in England? The levels of competition are world's apart.

Not sure how Mosquera's loan is working out for Wolves as no matter how well he plays in MLS, how does it tell us anything about how he could potentially adapt and play games in England? The levels of competition are world's apart.
Sure as shit better than him sitting on the bench in the Championship.

The Prem is a massive leap from any level we would/could have loaned Yerson to. Equally, MLS is a pretty big leap from the Colombian top flight, where Mosq last got senior minutes IIRC.

Yerson starting in the center tonight for FCC. Has always been on the left of the 3 CBs before now IIRC.

They’ve just conceded but very harsh to hold him at fault for it, IMO.

Seemed to be a little lost positionally for the first, but agree it's harsh to blame him.

He played the full game in the end, finished 2-2

Notable tidbits re: Mosquera;

Imperious second half from him. Put in a lot more tough defensive positions and I don’t think got a any of them wrong; outright killed most of the NE attacks that came centrally.

Taylor Twellman had two interesting comments about Mosq; that he is at least in the top 3 for best offseason signings in MLS, and that his market value for Wolves has increased by roughly 30% due to his performances in Cincy.

If you live out of market and have a club already it’s an incredibly positive change from how things used to be broadcast. But if you’re overseas and weren’t already invested it’s just one more hurdle, and one made out of real money to boot.

The UK coverage of non domestic leagues has utterly fragmented. I used to watch Italia, German, Portuguese and French football all on BT Sport, and now they are all covered by separate broadcasters I believe.

Similarly with sky you used to get the Prem, Scottish prem, la Liga and the MLS as minimum and now they are all spilt out or looking to go that way.

Even the NFL Gamepass Europe has been punted off onto some service caused DAZN, which already has the NFL stuff separated from the rest of their content so the worry for many is that from next season you will need a double sub to access it.

Everything is a service now dontchaknow

May change next season (I do hear TNT are going to strip a lot back from the BT days) but last season Italian and French was on BT. Some Portuguese on ViaPlay Xtra for free. German on Sky more or less as an afterthought. Scottish mostly on Sky I think. Dutch has disappeared. Spanish had or has its own channel, some on ViaPlay's subscription channels, a handful on Viaplay Xtra and ITV4.

Back