• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Lonners Or Ikeme Who should start v Villa?

Lonergan doesn't look good enough to me. It's all very well pulling off reaction saves, but if you then come out and gift a team a goal you're wasting your time. Not to mention the 2nd goal he conceded against Crewe which he let straight through his legs from a shot a good way out.

I'll move on to Bogdan then (what is with Liverpool and shite back up keepers)

Currently first choice for Feyenoord who have won eight out of eight in the Eredivisie and only conceded two goals along the way. Football is a strange game sometimes.

No chance he would be starting if Vermeer wasn't crocked, to be fair.

This is even worth a debate, Ikeme all day and i don't particularly rate him. I knew Lonergan wasn't good enough when we signed him and everything i've seen of him this season in the cup backs that up. Every other Wolves fan i know also doesn't rate him, he's just not very good. I think we need an upgrade on Ikeme but if he got injured for a period of time i would worry about how many goals Lonergan would cost us.

This is what I said on the 'welcome to' thread. I've not changed my mind since:

If the 2014 Ikeme comes back next season and isn't injured it's a reasonable bench warmer signing. If he plays like last season then it's not good enough, but all we were going to get.

I don't see how this is a question. Ikeme is bang average but Lonergan practically turned up with flip-flops and a takeout coffee flask so he could enjoy his time on the bench. Unfortunately he's been pressed into action now and again but he's really not that good and certainly nowhere near what he was at his peak (for Preston).

For balance:

Still doesn't change the fact this happened in the same match...

1475682945428870.gif

reluctantly I would choose lead boots, I dont think either is anywhere near good enough for the top flight and ideally in January I would like to see us go for a decent keeper (Emi please Walter)

Back