• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man Utd 2-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Fraser definitely not ready they're looking for a loan for him in Leagues one and two. He's had a couple of trials recently. Highly doubtful he will be seen when he's never even made the squad under this manager.
As I said in an earlier post, Costa is absolutely no better than League One or Two standard himself - that’s actually probably being disrespectful to strikers at that level, too.

The reason he is currently playing PL football is because - once - 100 years ago - he was a good striker in an excellent team.

I honestly can’t believe some on here even entertain considering giving him a new deal.

He is now shit. Really shit.

I

Not a fan of throwing a kid in for the sake of it. People who have watched him on here say he's not ready so not really fair to him. Much more chance of breaking than making him. He may or may not be better than Costa, but that's not really the point in a game that means nothing to us, but everything to him

It's a striker who I am confident will score 0 goals vs one who will probably score 0 goals but let's give him an experience he'd otherwise never get.

We get nothing out of playing the 2023 versions of Costa and Raul. They're rubbish.

Shame we always focus so much on the negative. I watched the match (on TV, live) and thought Bentley was outstanding…. Can we discuss him for a few minutes? Some great saves, most of his distribution was good…. I wasn’t there but from the brief moments we saw him on TV he seemed to be leading from the back, very vocal…. And finally, I might have kissed something but he didn’t seem to be a flapper….. distribution pretty good too…. Would appreciate some thoughts on his performance, both complimentary or critical - as long as they are balanced and if he reads this he can consider as constructive feedback. I thought he had a Stella game overall…. (And I don’t mean he was drinking it!!!🤣)

People focusing on the negatives when they lose comfortably...madness

Shame we always focus so much on the negative. I watched the match (on TV, live) and thought Bentley was outstanding…. Can we discuss him for a few minutes? Some great saves, most of his distribution was good…. I wasn’t there but from the brief moments we saw him on TV he seemed to be leading from the back, very vocal…. And finally, I might have kissed something but he didn’t seem to be a flapper….. distribution pretty good too…. Would appreciate some thoughts on his performance, both complimentary or critical - as long as they are balanced and if he reads this he can consider as constructive feedback. I thought he had a Stella game overall…. (And I don’t mean he was drinking it!!!🤣)
Bentley was the clear MOTM. 2nd half saves secured that.

Key thing for me today was seeing how calm he was. Making your club debut at OT is not easy.
His passing was generally good. Didn't panic when pressed and knew when to lump it or pass it. One brilliant throw out that almost put Neto through as well.
Positioning was good, although I was nervy on one free kick where he was showing Bruno F where to put his shot. Close to the pen area so a hard job to get it up and under but if he had Bentley would have been stranded.

As a first viewing it was impressive and instantly seems a solid back up option.
If Sa is 100% leaving then Bentley needs to stay in for the final 2 games so we can get a better look at him.

He made a couple of really smart saves, didn't think his distribution was amazing but it got better as the game went on. Caught the ball under pressure a couple of times as well, don't mind him playing out the rest of the season instead of Sa.

Not a fan of throwing a kid in for the sake of it. People who have watched him on here say he's not ready so not really fair to him. Much more chance of breaking than making him. He may or may not be better than Costa, but that's not really the point in a game that means nothing to us, but everything to him

Realistically he'll likely.never get a minute for us otherwise. If he doesn't get a kick this year I doubt he will if/when we sign some actual centre forward of quality.

Some great saves, most of his distribution was good

Booted it out of play 6 times under very little pressure within the first half hour. I'd say that's between poor and woeful. He did really well second half and made some really good saves but he's never going to be an option if you want to build from the back.

Other positive news, we can put to bed the discussion about "Is Neto still quick". Luke Shaw outpaced him...

I recall someone saying Bueno was far from ready to play in the first team and he’s proved that opinion was wrong. I know nothing about Fraser and he may be a long way short of the required standard but given the alternatives are too I’m with Deutsch and say let’s see what he can do, quite simply he cannot be much worse than the alternatives and he could actually be a bit better.

Yeah it's the ideal time to test him I think. Nobody else is making a particularly strong case to start up there

Other positive news, we can put to bed the discussion about "Is Neto still quick". Luke Shaw outpaced him...
Luke Shaw top speed this season is just Below 20mph from what I have just looked up, the idea that he is slow or u athletic only seems to come from his body shape.

That can't be right, that'd be pretty slow by PL standards, there's quite a few that have clocked 35+

Yeah it's the ideal time to test him I think. Nobody else is making a particularly strong case to start up there
Agree with this. It’s garbage time for the season; tell the lad to have fun, soak it up, and don’t worry too much about how it goes.

We won’t have many opportunities to blood youngins whilst the result is basically meaningless.

I can’t wait for this season to end now, the 28th can’t come quick enough. It’s been a long hard season following this team around the country and today was no different. Was like watching the game in a greenhouse as well, just horrible.

Bentley - Grew into the game with some excellent saves second half but his kicking was poor in the first half and he was very slow out to Antony for the first goal.

Semedo - Such a meh footballer. Great at time 1vs 1 but just not good enough at anything else. Jogs back too often when he gets caught too high up and his end product is virtually nil.

Dawson - Felt like a 1 man defence at times. Mad a massive difference, shame he’s 34.

Kilman - back to the Max we don’t want to see anywhere near the team. Passive, indecisive, soft…i could go on. I would hate to play next to him.

Toti - Always going to try but didn’t fancy him against Antony. Wasn’t terrible but just never felt like he was in charge of that battle.

Lemina - blocked passing lanes and won the ball back well a few times but couldn’t drive us forward.

Neves - Has these games that i think contribute to him still being here. Very little composure on the ball and like his partner couldn’t get us going forward.

Nunes - Would love to see him in a good side in his actual position. Played 4 positions today again and while just ok he looks like he’s in control of the football when he gets it and is calm with it.

Cunha - Not quite at it, not sure whether he was fully fit because he didn’t really put himself about like he does usually.

Neto - Terrible on the left and even worse on the right. Hopefully a good holiday and better pre season will help next year. Could have quite easily been taken off before half time.

Costa - Far from ideal but still putting himself about and can still hold it up. Not a goal threat but Haaland probably wouldn’t be in this team away from home. Desperate for a proper striker next year.

Subs

Hwang - Ran about and looked a bit of a threat but just not good enough. Should have done better when he went round De Gea.

Podence - He’s an annoying little fucker isn’t he. Stayed down for ages for nothing, tried too many fancy flicks yet still looked like the most likely to create something which tells you a lot about our other attacking players.

Bueno - Did ok but didn’t have much chance to affect the game really. Think he’ll continue to improve next season.

Adama - Possibly should have done better with a couple of opportunities to pick players out. Time to say goodbye for me. One time we broke and he was making about 7 runs all at the same time and just ended up looking like a glitched fifa player.

Raul - Actually painful to watch him now. Looks really ungainly and struggling to get around. May as well have played with 10. It’s such a sad end for someone who was without doubt one of the best strikers in world football before the injury.

Back