• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man Utd (H) 31/12: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
Will be quite happy to pull the curtain on 2022 from a Wolves point of view, largely horrendous.

Again, options are fairly limited. Hopefully Bouba can play, at the very least Hodge needs to go, he's nowhere near this level and that's two games in a row where Nunes has had a big impact off the bench.

I'd hook Collins if we had an alternative but we don't.

Raul for Costa and RAN for Bueno please.

2021/22: L 0-1 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2020/21: L 1-2 (H), L 0-1 (A)
2019/20: D 1-1 (H), D 0-0 (A), D 0-0 (H, FAC), L 0-1 (A, FAC)
2018/19: W 2-1 (H), D 1-1 (A), W 2-1 (H, FAC)
2011/12: L 0-5 (H), L 1-4 (A)
2010/11: W 2-1 (H), L 1-2 (A), L 2-3 (A, LC)
2009/10: L 0-1 (H), L 0-3 (A), L 0-1 (A, LC)
2005/6: L 0-3 (H, FAC)
2003/4: W 1-0 (H), L 0-1 (A)

Semedo - Collins - Toti - RAN
Neves
Nunes - Boubacar
Adama - Costa - Pod​

...............................Sa
Semedo.....Collins........Kilman.......RAN
........Bouba.........Neves......... Nunes
......Hwang........ Raul..........Podence
Mouts if Bouba not fit, if Raul can't play, then Hwang up top with Adama coming in.

Different manager so maybe with er coaching it could be better, but a midfield 3 of Moutinho, Neves and Nunes hasn't really worked all season. If our base formation is 433 then we need more legs in it.
RAN for Bueno
Neves, Nunes, B Traore in the middle 3
Podence Raul and Hwang as forward 3

Sa

Semedo (happy he had a good game yesterday) collins kilman RAN

Moutinho/traore neves nunes

Traore Hwang/Raul Podence

Be tempted to start hwang due to United playing such a high line.

Is Martinez back for them? As if he isn’t like Maguire will start in that case, I’d be all over hwang

I assume Nunes isn’t fully fit at the moment? Surely no footballing reason to be playing Joe Hodge over him yesterday!

Nunes has to play and if Boubacar is fit then he plays and they play either side of Neves. Moutinho’s pass for Podence was outstanding but apart from that he was absolutely appalling on the ball and he was just as bad on Tuesday. Think if Raul is fit then he should start with Podence and then one of the others.

I apologise for being so biased and positive but if we can have a good and solid defensive game then I see no reason why we can't do them - officials permitting.

I've always fancied us against these in recent games but they seem a different proposition now. No longer reliant on pace in behind, they'll get at least 2 goals.

RAN TO SCORE THE WINNER, BABEEEEEEE

Given the form, fluidity and speed of Utd's attack at the moment, I'd not be surprised to see Lopetugi start with the back 3 in place.

It will have to be 3 centre backs . We need to free up the midfielders from the need to constantly drop back .

I apologise for being so biased and positive but if we can have a good and solid defensive game then I see no reason why we can't do them - officials permitting.

Robert Jones with Darren England on VAR

It will have to be 3 centre backs . We need to free up the midfielders from the need to constantly drop back .

They still did that when we played 3 CBs every week.

Not convinced Toti is of the quality required, and I'd be using him sparingly as a sub rather than starting him just for tactical reasons

I hear you Prawnking, but I am not convinced Collins is of the quality required neither, which is why I personally would go back 3. Although I get the dilemma.

Collins and Kilman have both shown some kind of consistent top flight ability though, they're both just in poor form and probably not a good match as a pair.

I just don't think Toti is much cop, he's a filler player from what I've seen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back