• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Non League Football.

I think you'll find King's Lynn is further north than Kidderminster or Telford. It's a good hour north of here and people are always surprised that Cambridge and Birmingham are on approximately the same latitude. East Anglian teams always end up in the Conference North, even as far south as Bishop's Stortford.
It's probably because there are so many London or London commuter town teams. A legacy from before there was a national set up. Skews it all so they have to fudge it a bit.

My local team Basford have been in the Northern Premier the last few years, had to play Blyth on a Tuesday night last year! Awful.

Moved into the SCL with Hednesford this season, normally go and watch them if not at a Wolves game.

Hednesford smashed 9-1 v Tamworth. Ouch

He's shit, only playing because they gave him a contract so can't get rid. The result is an embarrassment particularly to a local rival, but they are already 10 points adrift of safety so makes little difference in the grand scheme of things

Tamworth had lost their last two in the FA Trophy to Hungerford and against promotion rivals Coalville, so the return to form is welcome as far as I’m concerned.

Hednesford smashed 9-1 v Tamworth. Ouch
Wow, a real downer. I still know people who have been involved with Hednesford for many years and they will be devastated by the state of affairs at the moment.

The Conference is such a bastard of a league to get out of. Likely that one of Wrexham or Notts County will miss out on automatic promotion with 100+ points. Woking and Chesterfield are both on course for 90+ and have no chance.

If Wrexham get up then I would expect them to go straight up again, seen them 3-4 times this season and they are a good team.

Going to be a good ground when they re do the kop. Easily League 1 standard

No FFP in the Conference though. Stockport and Salford have deep pockets but are both currently outside the play offs after spending comparative fortunes to get there

I don't think they'd need to buy many next year though. That's already a team that would do very well in L2.

Maybe get rid of rubbish Anthony Forde and even more rubbish Aaron Hayden...

I don't think they'd need to buy many next year though. That's already a team that would do very well in L2.

They’d been recruiting league players by offering more money to play in the conference. I work with the uncle of their first scorer today and he left Crewe to join them as the financial package was so much better.

Have you seen Hayden’s goal record this season?!

Have you seen Hayden’s goal record this season?!
EEL used to score quite a lot too, check where his current team are :)

Hayden's career is so weird. When he was 22 the best loan we could find for him was Stourbridge. And somehow he found a Football League club when we finally let him go.

The out of their depth owners running Hednesford are walking away at the end of the season. They aren't asking anything for the club, but if nobody takes a loss making none league club on they'll go under and I'll be gutted.

The out of their depth owners running Hednesford are walking away at the end of the season. They aren't asking anything for the club, but if nobody takes a loss making none league club on they'll go under and I'll be gutted.
Had a few dealings with the owners through my dad & they had some great intentions for the club. It’s a shame its gone so pear shaped for them. I was in Hednesford today & went for a nosey at keys park & couldn’t believe the vast housing estate around the ground on where the old car parks were.

The housing is nothing to do with them that was land sold prior to them buying the club. Keys Park is still owned by Steve Price and costs a fortune to run versus income generated. They were well intentioned, but ridiculously naive in terms of their statements, actions and social media engagement. Covid also hit them hard

Surely some American actor they can con into it?

Back