• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Non League Football.

The housing is nothing to do with them that was land sold prior to them buying the club. Keys Park is still owned by Steve Price and costs a fortune to run versus income generated. They were well intentioned, but ridiculously naive in terms of their statements, actions and social media engagement. Covid also hit them hard
Im not saying the housing is to do with anything it was my shock of seeing it. Pye green road was also a shock (but just as irrelevant)

here’s there statement in regards to club & ground

( Link )

Surely some American actor they can con into it?
There is theoretically space for Wrexham to grow, there are no other serious clubs in North Wales (and the clubs in Cheshire and Shropshire are mostly shite), oldest international ground in the world, 25 years ago they were a decent L1 team, etc etc.

There really is no space in the West Midlands. We have a silly amount of clubs and Hednesford cannot take territory off any of them.

All the contracted players are walking and saying sue us basically, it's pathetic. Not related, but Lowe went last week. A few weeks until AFC Hednesford and at best sharing a ground with Heath Hayes

I wonder how much the owners purchased the club for? I know they are saying they will give it away as long as the person who comes in has the capacity to run the club but no idea even ball park figure of the sums we are talking about at that level.

The issue is Keys Park, the club don't own it, but are responsible for it's upkeep. The 450 or so they get isn't anywhere enough to make the maintenance of a 6k capacity stadium viable without running at a loss.

Bennett has gone to Stratford to play for the arsehole of an ex manager

Bennett has gone to Stratford to play for the arsehole of an ex manager
Stratford getting in some great guests for social functions. If you want to hear about how Covid isn't real, grab a ticket sharpish.

Fo_rXPHXEAA1LWU

HEDNESFORD TOWN MAKE SIGNING OF THE SEASON

It can be confirmed today, that a deal has been agreed between all parties involved that Hednesford Town FC will see the full ownership Transferred to our new future owner Gary Hartland.

Gary, comes from a footballing & business background, previously sat on the board at Tamworth FC in the early 2000’s. He has a great knowledge and contact base within the game & twinned with the synergies in his business portfolio, which includes care homes & private schools will be a huge catalyst for the clubs future. The deal reached will see the ownership of the club, grounds and stadium all transferred across to Gary, as he wishes to embrace and grow the community element of the clubs engagement, whilst bringing stability within the playing side of the club.

Gary who is absolutely delighted to be incoming owner of the club stated “I very much look forward to developing the club and building on the hard work carried out by Graham and Steve over a number of years. I see it imperative that the operating side of the club and the stadium are under the same control to enable investment to take place in the facilities. Only with improved facilities will we be able to build a sustainable football club which will reach out to the community and ensure the playing side is viable financially along with the operation of the club but at the same time provides true entertainment and value for money. I am very much into this project long term as I am with all my businesses and I would like to feel that given time, we can develop the playing side and facilities in parallel.”

On the agreement been reached Graham Jones & Hayden Dando stated “It’s wonderful that the club has found its new successor. The history of the club and growth ability is unparalleled to many of the clubs around given the clubs infrastructure. Its fan base has been amazing, and our main involvement coming into the club, was to ensure the future of the club. During our time here, it’s been a roller coaster with so many unforeseen variables challenging our tenure including a global pandemic and cost of living crisis. We have received huge amounts of interest in the club post our intended departure announcement and have been working none-stop in the background to ensure the right successor was selected. We would like to thank everyone who came forward with proposals for a take-over, as any club would be lucky to have any of the candidates that came forward. Each and everyone’s time discussing these proposals are greatly appreciated, and shows how far the club has stepped forward even during such problematic times in the world that we have all experienced over the last few years. The Pitmen will always remain close to our hearts and we wish everyone at the club and the fans an amazing future. Thank you everyone for your support during our time here and thank you too to our families who supported our involvement and time at the club. You have all been understanding and supportive beyond belief. Here’s to a new beginning, a re-energised future, a new look Pitmen, and most of all here’s to future successes of the mighty Pitmen.”

Steve Price also stated “I’d just like to say that in Gary Hartland I believe we have the perfect fit for the long term future of the Club, his plans are ambitious, progressive and realistic. Thanks to Graham and Hayden for their efforts over the past 3 years, the Club is being handed over in good order to enable Gary and his team to move forward. Thanks to all the people, both staff and volunteers for their help over the years, it was greatly appreciated. A special thanks to Terry McMahon, he was there through good and not so good, and always put the Club first. Finally, thanks to the supporters, the backbone of the Club. All the very best for the future for everyone.”

The deal will see Gary officially take over running the club from the 1st May 2023. In the meantime, all parties will be working close together to ensure a smooth transition for all elements, with the league and team itself whilst the legal processes are completed.

So lets join together in welcoming Gary Hartland to Hednesford Town FC, and thanking our previous Chairmen for their hard work & support behind the scenes and for ensuring the futures bright for the club.

UTP.

I have no idea if this is the right man to be taking over but it's good to see the football team, day to day operation, land and stadium staying together. Separation never works well (see Coventry City and Worcester Warriors on a higher level)

For the club to thrive they need to take the stadium off Price, but to see they'll still be there next season, be it in a lower league is wonderful news.

I read that this statement meant the stadium was being taken off Price? Taken off might be the wrong word but that it was transferring to the new owner at least.

That's what they said when the builder and bouncer bought the club...didn't happen

Been trying to sign him for a while. It gets quite windy at the Racecourse, so that must have been putting him off

Probably the free holiday to the USA that has got him to sign up in the end. Presume they will also allow him to do his videos that Watford banned him from doing.

Been trying to sign him for a while. It gets quite windy at the Racecourse, so that must have been putting him off

Probably the free holiday to the USA that has got him to sign up in the end. Presume they will also allow him to do his videos that Watford banned him from doing.
It was the Premier League who stopped him doing that once they got promoted, as it conflicted with their broadcasting and content partners.

(He was on Stephen Hendry's snooker YouTube channel not long ago).

Back