• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

O'Neil In, Out and Shaking it all about

Sister of a former and current player who used to post to stick up for her brother,

1. I'm not related to Gareth Southgate
2. I'm not defensive over him at all. I'm realistic, rather than being all entitled like so many England "fans", who mostly support top 6 teams and have a very cunty attitude about football.

1. I'm not related to Gareth Southgate
2. I'm not defensive over him at all. I'm realistic, rather than being all entitled like so many England "fans", who mostly support top 6 teams and have a very cunty attitude about football.
Jeez Gareth, it's unlike you to be so defensive

😉

United have been linked with Thomas Frank today too. Someone must be getting in early with the April fool jokes.

It honestly doesn't seem that far-fetched to me.

I couldn't see him leaving for a role on the coaching team and as good a job he's done here, he's made enough mistakes to show he's not ready for a head coaching role of that magnitude

I couldn't see him leaving for a role on the coaching team and as good a job he's done here, he's made enough mistakes to show he's not ready for a head coaching role of that magnitude

This.

His pedigree and profile is nowhere near established and proven enough for that job, but clearly going to a coach/assistant manager role would be a shocking career choice.

There's not a chance they will offer him the main job, and a coaching role at younger levels isn't something he's going to be interested in, even if it's Academy Director/Coach.

This.

His pedigree and profile is nowhere near established and proven enough for that job, but clearly going to a coach/assistant manager role would be a shocking career choice.
Just a higher level move than the one we made before Lopetegui arrived. We offered Rob Edwards the chance to move down from the head coach role to become a club employed coach (rather than picked by the head coach)

Just a higher level move than the one we made before Lopetegui arrived. We offered Rob Edwards the chance to move down from the head coach role to become a club employed coach (rather than picked by the head coach)

Yeah but Rob Edwards was never going to take that and id be surprised if O'Neil would take similar

Yeah but Rob Edwards was never going to take that and id be surprised if O'Neil would take similar
He obviously considered it or just met Jeff out of fan boi politeness.

I don't think GO will accept a role at Utd. Has had a fairly decent start to his management career across 2 clubs, both in tough circumstances. Stranger things have happened of course but would be surprised if he took a step backwards at the moment.
The proposition put to him could be intriguing enough to make him think but he will stay/only move for another Head Coach role.

He's already been a youth coach at Liverpool so can't see him wanting to go backwards.

Unless they offer him assistant manager. Which they won't.

Back